Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd love to know?
I'd love to know?
Guys, there are so many "experts in their field" here, I think many everyday "tricky" questions can be answered successfully.

I have one that's been bugging me.
The wife went "under" several times in order to clean out the stomach infection which she acquired as a result of a routine operation.
She was asked to remove all jewellery (makes sense).
She was also asked to not have any nail polish on her fingernails at any time whilst staying in hospital.
Can someone in the know please explain the nail polish rule to me. It's got me bamboozled
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: I'd love to know?
Good idea for a thread!

That is weird about the nail polish. The only thing I can think of is chemicals in it contaminating something or other.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Rob, Pam tells me it was specifically to do with the anesthetist?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hmm...

Huh. I have no idea!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It's because when you're under anaesthetic the nail polish reacts with it. Believe it or not you nails actually contain a lot of receptors that absorb the nail polish and this goes into your bloodstream, when in your bloodstream it reacts with the anaesthetic and can leave you with a condition called nailanitis which can be very painful and stop you from breathing. /totalmadeupbullshit
And also they need to see color of nail beds, but i believe it depends on how long you are under.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
And what exactly is your expertise? hmmmm?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Nail polish, nail tips, wraps, gels, etc.
All nail polish should be removed before your arrival for surgery. We understand that tips, wraps, gels, etc., are expensive; however, we ask these products be removed from at least one finger on each hand (preferably the index or middle finger). This will be used to accurately monitor your oxygen level during surgery.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/f...ut_surgery

Fingernail Polish – When you’re in surgery, you will have a probe placed on the end of your finger to read the oxygen level in your blood. This probe cannot read through artificial nails or nail polish. Also, if your oxygen levels do drop, your fingernails would turn blue; signaling it to the surgeon, but this would be hidden by your nail polish.

http://bellinosc.com/blog/why-cant-you-w...g-surgery/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
TIL...
(September 3, 2015 at 7:09 am)Napoléon Wrote: It's because when you're under anaesthetic the nail polish reacts with it. Believe it or not you nails actually contain a lot of receptors that absorb the nail polish and this goes into your bloodstream, when in your bloodstream it reacts with the anaesthetic and can leave you with a condition called nailanitis which can be very painful and stop you from breathing. /totalmadeupbullshit

I was actually with you until 'nailanitis' >:c

Anywho, I'm off to take the pills for gullibility that nice man sold me....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3581 173801 8 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1006 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17186 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3858 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6888 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6773 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL