Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the Future "Officer" Corps?
This is the Future "Officer" Corps?
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/west-poi...low-cases/

Quote:West Point pillow fight gets dangerous as cadets ‘weaponize’ pillow cases
RE: This is the Future "Officer" Corps?
Kirk would have put mercury fulminate in his pillow . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Army. They would have pillow fights.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 6, 2015 at 12:14 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Army. They would have pillow fights.

It's "officers", pillow fighting is as close as they get to danger.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 6, 2015 at 12:43 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(September 6, 2015 at 12:14 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Army. They would have pillow fights.

It's "officers", pillow fighting is as close as they get to danger.

Easy there. I went to the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs. It's not as easy as people like to imagine.

When I was there, we had what we called "hall brawls", in which we Fourthies (freshmen) "celebrated" any upperclassman's birthday by dragging them out of their room and covering them in honey, syrup, etc., smuggled out of the chow hall. Their classmates tried to stop us, resulting in a huge wrestling match. It was great fun, though they kinda put the kibbosh on the practice after we accidentally threw someone through a plate-glass mirror at the end of one of the hallways, showering everyone with potentially-lethal shards of glass.

We were careful to return the items used in the brawls, because we at the Academies have an "honor oath" which is taken quite seriously: "I will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does. Furthermore I resolve to do my duty and to live honorably (so help me God)." (The parenthetical phrase was not obligatory, and I skipped that part... my first major step, at age 18, toward openly admitting my atheism.)
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 5, 2015 at 7:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/west-poi...low-cases/

Quote:West Point pillow fight gets dangerous as cadets ‘weaponize’ pillow cases

American soldiers hurt in pillow fight.
British soldiers not surprised.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Damn, West Pointers, injured in melee, needing TLC . . .

I'm getting aroused
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I retired as a chief petty officer, and I can assure you that it will be some time for those young men are in any position of real authority.
lol and you think us simpleton enlisted personnel don't weaponize our pillows? i assure you i could beat the snot out of those wanna-be butter bar ass-hats any day.
Gawdzilla -

Everyone knows that "ring-knockers" right out of the Academy don't know their heads from their asses. If not for First Sergeants and CPOs, none of them would make it to being worthwhile officers.

I assure you, that fact is repeatedly drilled into the heads of every cadet at all four Academies. Sadly, some are so arrogant despite such drilling that it doesn't stick. Nature of the beast. I still think the Academy system is more than worth it, and while a lot of the team-building exercises and traditions at the Academies seem silly from the outside, I think it's critical to the development of the "best and brightest" into useful young officers.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you concerned about the future of Social Security? Foxaèr 20 1275 December 22, 2023 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  US Marine Corps Unit Suffers Devastating Defeat BrianSoddingBoru4 1 353 February 26, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1517 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 993 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The future of 5G robvalue 10 721 March 27, 2019 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Boston Globe Story for All the Future School Shootings chimp3 25 1826 February 20, 2018 at 3:19 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Police Officer Killed In Baltimore Was Due To Testify On Police Corruption AFTT47 10 1661 December 1, 2017 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  'New IRA' says it shot police officer in Belfast account_inactive 7 1789 January 30, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Happy Back to the Future Day! Aroura 21 3239 October 24, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Technological advances and the future of the economy TaraJo 3 1781 September 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen