Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife's sponsored hike
My wife's sponsored hike
My wife and her friend are doing a sponsored hike for charity this weekend! (12th and 13th September.) Our dog Opal and Jean's dog Dexy will be going along with them.

They are raising money for Battersea Dogs and Cats Home. I'll be driving the support vehicle (I wish I was able to do the hike with them) so I'll be away from the forum this weekend.

In case anyone wanted to donate anything, even a small amount, here is the link to the Virgin Just Giving page. It has more information about the hike too. There's no pressure, I won't be offended if no one does. It just occurred to me I could mention it here in case! The fundraising stays open on that page for a few months after the event as well.

Thank you my lovely friends Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: My wife's sponsored hike
I'm going to sign off now as we'll be on our way soon, driving up to Eastborne and getting ready for the hike tomorrow Smile

I'll see you on the other side baby! Of the hike. Have a lovely weekend everyone Heart
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
FFS n00b read the 30/30 rules. This place isn't for advertising.

Wink

Just kidding, I might be able to spare a few pence.
Have fun, sounds like a great initiative!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 11, 2015 at 5:07 am)robvalue Wrote: I'm going to sign off now as we'll be on our way soon, driving up to Eastborne and getting ready for the hike tomorrow Smile

I'll see you on the other side baby! Of the hike. Have a lovely weekend everyone Heart

Good for them!  I wish them much success and I hope the Battersea shelter benefits significantly from the venture!

We'll miss you, Rob!  Be safe and have fun!!

Big Grin
Have fun Rob!! We'll miss you!
Hope you have a good time Rob. Take a picture or two for us Smile
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
For animals?

Great cause. i'm in.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'll slap you a few quid next payday Rob. I look forward to my badge arriving in the post with great anticipation.
Wink
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Hey guys, I'm back! Thanks for the lovely messages of support Smile

It went really well! The weather forecast was bad, but luckily also wrong. Emma, Jean, Opal and Dexy completed about 27 miles over the two days. We have a lot of pictures, so I'll sort out posting some of them up soon!

Thanks so much to those who said they might donate Smile The just giving page in the opening post will remain open for 3 months now the event has finished. Any amount is appreciated!

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1645 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 541 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My wife saw the new Al Gore movie. Jehanne 29 5086 August 23, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Wife got us another kitten Spooky 31 4657 September 7, 2015 at 11:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A request from my wife DeistPaladin 0 811 January 19, 2015 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin