Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you playing right now?
What are you playing right now?
We seem to have a handful of gamers around so whenever you switch up a play, feel free to post and tell us what you think about it! 

I'm currently doing another playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition since the last DLC came out this week, I'm loving all the little additions that have been made to the rest of the game as well. I didn't expect them to modify the war table rewards system or loot caches outside of the DLC so it was a pleasant surprise. 

I'm also doing a run through of The Deer God, since it was free on XBL and it's interesting to say the least. Sidescrollers aren't really my jam lately but I've been enjoying this one.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: What are you playing right now?
Pillars of Eternity, since the White march came out two weeks ago.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I just do games in FB, and 95% of the time, it's Pearl's Peril. Love the graphics on it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Just started playing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with Luckie, and damn, that game is fun with two players in the same room together. You have to scrabble around this little pink death star together, manning controls for various instruments to fend off alien attacks and rescue bunny people. What's really neat is how the two players settle into specific roles as they play- I'm the pilot and shield man, Luckie's the gunner who gets to play with our newly upgraded missile silo- and how neither one is particularly stuck with the boring job. Even though I'm driving, with a few creative upgrades I can turn my engine exhaust into a sort of rail gun, which both allows me to help out offensively and turns piloting into a more intensive game, as I need to rotate the engine in the direction I want to go or fire, but those are rarely the same direction. Likewise, since each of Luckie's cannons are located at different points along the ship's hull with limited firing angles, she ends up darting all around to deal with enemies as I dodge and align the shields to block incoming fire.

Anyway, it's neat, and cute, and it makes me happy to have a game I can play with my wife. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I started playing This War of Mine again. I got it not long after it came out, and I've been enjoying it since. Especially after they came out with custom options, because having control over which characters I get is always nice. It's not the hardest survival horror game I've played, especially with the best characters at my disposal, but it's a good game. For anyone who has played, and is curious, my dream team is Roman, Bruno, Marko, and Katia. I have attempted to just play with the first three, but it seems the game wants me to eventually have four people. If you start with two, you'll eventually be greeted with two other survivors. Only one if you start with three. None if you start with four.

I also started playing Shogun 2: Total War again. Good strategy game. Maybe the best in the series, although there are some downfalls. You can't upgrade units you've already recruited, meaning that building you constructed that gives new recruits a stat bonus can't be used to upgrade current experienced units. Also realm divide, which means unless you want diplomacy to go to crap, you'll be stuck at 10-12 regions while you watch some other Daimyo take half of Japan. Until you're ready for the final push to win the game, that is.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I've been reliving my glory days with Halo: CE on Halo: MCC. I'm obsessed all over again. I've been cramming all the spawn and random spawn location on every map into my skull, and using a timer for the power-up/weapon spawns. I refused to do it when I was younger because I thought of it as cheating and required little skill, but now I know that it just adds so many more levels to strategy and tactics. Also, I realize now why and how the Ogre twins and D2A destroyed my squad and I in the last tourney I played in. It's pretty funny now, because I destroy kids who aren't in-the-know in the same manner.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Right now, I'm playing the Why The Hell Aren't These People Giving My Brilliant Posts Kudos At An Alarming Rate game.

Like most games, it's engaging and frustrating at the same time.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have tons of kudos, but I don't know if I've ever given them. Does that make me a bad user?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 12, 2015 at 9:52 pm)Exian Wrote: I've been reliving my glory days with Halo: CE on Halo: MCC. I'm obsessed all over again. I've been cramming all the spawn and random spawn location on every map into my skull, and using a timer for the power-up/weapon spawns. I refused to do it when I was younger because I thought of it as cheating and required little skill, but now I know that it just adds so many more levels to strategy and tactics. Also, I realize now why and how the Ogre twins and D2A destroyed my squad and I in the last tourney I played in. It's pretty funny now, because I destroy kids who aren't in-the-know in the same manner.

I didn't start playing Halo til Reach came out, just never thought I'd enjoy it until a friend forced me into it, but after I got warmed up I devastated. xD 

I remember a particular match where I kept getting my mitts on the sword and a shotgun and only died once. I was so close to getting the flawless medal when someone got lucky with a sticky grenade. 

;~;
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I've dusted off and am replaying Portal 2 for kicks. Love that game. Might fire up Metal Gear 4 before buying Metal Gear 5 as well. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you all playing right now? Mechaghostman2 1366 106758 March 15, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 431 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Moms playing Fortnite John V 8 820 August 18, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Anyone playing PUBG? John V 1 464 July 27, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2186 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1574 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The art of not playing games Silent Snob 24 5102 March 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2732 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What are you currently playing? Shell B 27 4076 October 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 3983 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet