Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:34 pm

Poll: Do you take issue with public breast feeding?
This poll is closed.
Yes
8.33%
3 8.33%
No
86.11%
31 86.11%
Other/it depends
5.56%
2 5.56%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public
Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public
I guess this is supposed to be a hot topic right now (at least in the US), which I don't understand because I see nothing offensive about the sight of a mother nursing her baby. 

People also bring up the double standard, where it's ok to be out in super low cut tops and to have billboard advertisement pictures of women in a bra, but not ok to breast feed your kid in public. Personally I don't have a problem with either. 

Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys thought. If anyone here has an issue with public breastfeeding, and why.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public
I've caught a couple of family members breastfeeding in the same room at the rest of the family. They didn't have their shirts way up, though. I was about the only one who found it weird, though. My parents actuallyt got on to me for making a small scene about it.

I don't know what they'd think if my sister ever breastfed in public. I do remember my mother didn't like to go out in the town without a bra under her shirt.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Shaming a mother for feeding her child is disgusting and uptight and misguided.

It is not a dirty function, like urination or defecation.
There is no waste being produced.

It is not a sexual function.

There is nothing shameful or immodest or dirty about feeding an infant.

It is frowned upon ONLY because we have made breasts more primarily sexual things,
than for feeding infants.

I think humans are the only species who have done this.

We are all human.

That is how humans feed their infants.

If anything, it should be respected and protected.

Nobody else hesitates to eat in public,
and some adults eat in a far more off-putting manner that a nursing infant does.

Let the kid eat.
(September 14, 2015 at 5:40 pm)MTL Wrote: We are all human.

That is how humans feed their infants.

There is nothing shameful or immodest or dirty about feeding an infant.

It is frowned upon ONLY because we have made breasts more primarily sexual things,
than for feeding infants.

I think humans are the only species who have done this.

Shaming a mother for feeding her child is disgusting and uptight and misguided.

If anything, it should be respected and protected.

Nobody else hesitates to eat in public,
and some adults eat in a far more off-putting manner that a nursing infant does.

Let the kid eat.

Agreed 100%.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 14, 2015 at 5:36 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I've caught a couple of family members breastfeeding in the same room at the rest of the family. They didn't have their shirts way up, though. I was about the only one who found it weird, though. My parents actuallyt got on to me for making a small scene about it.

I don't know what they'd think if my sister ever breastfed in public. I do remember my mother didn't like to go out in the town without a bra under her shirt.

May I ask what it is about it that bothers you, even if it's a family member doing it in the house?

-walsh
I say why the fuck not. It's certainly cheaper.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I have no problem with it.
No problem as long as is not turned into a spectacle. I have seen breast feeding used as attention seeking behavior.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Support it fully.

Let the mother nurse her child when it's hungry.
Dying to live, living to die.
If I had a problem with it (and I don't), my very simple solution would be to avert my eyes elsewhere. Problem solved. Let the kid eat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2085 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1765 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7284 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What are you feeding your dog? brewer 36 1577 July 14, 2018 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 2965 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2710 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bottle feeding my foster kitties. Catholic_Lady 29 2656 March 15, 2016 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Banning Crosses from Public Schools Shining_Finger 30 3380 November 8, 2015 at 8:27 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Public Toilet Strategies Catholic_Lady 75 9748 July 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: rado84
  A public announcement My imaginary friend is GOD 24 5362 March 27, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie