Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unintelligent Desgin
Unintelligent Desgin
Christians, why did god create cancers, germs, parasites and infectious, deadly diseases?

This question has probably been asked here before, but I couldn't find, so I decided to ask it now. I am NOT talking about natural disasters or accidents, I am just talking about organisms that kill millions of people daily.

Thanks!
RE: Unintelligent Desgin
Those things, like death, didn't exist before the "fall".

They're our own fault.

And t-rexes had huge teeth to eat coconuts.

Checkmate, atheist.
Dying to live, living to die.
Dem gays and liberals caused those things, who knows maybe the blacks too. Obama created some parasites that can’t be killed, cuz he’s duh anti-christ, but if you put 666 on your head, you’ll be immune to them. Oh yeah, if you have anal sex with monkeys, that brings the rapture even closer, and you don’t get to live with jesus h. goddamn christ for all eternity in the sky.

Oh yeah, and everything is a gift from god and/or god’s will. Enjoy. Let us worship him in all of his glory.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Gabriel: So God, are you going to tell the humans about infectious diseases?

God:  No.

Gabriel:  Um, God, are you going to at least tell them about germs?  That could save a lot of people and they would really love you for it.

God:  No, but maybe I'll put something cryptic about clothing in the Torah.  

Gabriel:  Um, God, are you going to tell them how they can beat cancer at least?

God:  Hell no, I'm not even going to give them the cure to the common cold.

Gabriel:  Seriously?!?!  No Way?!

God:  Yah wey.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 14, 2015 at 8:53 pm)Shuffle Wrote: Christians, why did god create cancers, germs, parasites and infectious, deadly diseases?

This question has probably been asked here before, but I couldn't find, so I decided to ask it now. I am NOT talking about natural disasters or accidents, I am just talking about organisms that kill millions of people daily.

Thanks!

I don't know.  Why do you think that anything exists?
(September 14, 2015 at 9:46 pm)Lek Wrote:
(September 14, 2015 at 8:53 pm)Shuffle Wrote: Christians, why did god create cancers, germs, parasites and infectious, deadly diseases?

Thanks!

I don't know.  Why do you think that anything exists?

... Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Wow, that was the greatest dodge of a question in all of time.

Anyway, let me answer your question, and hopefully you will return the favor of answering mine.  Wink

Things exist because they happened to have come into existence according to the laws of physics, and the state it was in immediatly before.
(September 14, 2015 at 9:46 pm)Lek Wrote: I don't know.  Why do you think that anything exists?

A continuous series of consequences stemming from initial conditions within a region of spacetime we don't currently have the ability to monitor, that may appear random due to their complexity or relative smallness, but are in fact constricted by the scaffold of events immediately preceding them and the overall structure of physics at the time.

Did you have an answer to the actual question you were asked, or was your intent to try and discredit the OP with the false insinuation that if we don't have a perfectly understood answer beforehand, we have no right to question yours?

Better yet, did you really think that your question would stump anybody comfortable with not knowing everything at the current time?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Quote:Christians, why did god create cancers, germs, parasites and infectious, deadly diseases?

Because he's a scumbag.
(September 14, 2015 at 9:26 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: Dem gays and liberals caused those things, who knows maybe the blacks too. Obama created some parasites that can’t be killed, cuz he’s duh anti-christ, but if you put 666 on your head, you’ll be immune to them. Oh yeah, if you have anal sex with monkeys, that brings the rapture even closer, and you don’t get to live with jesus h. goddamn christ for all eternity in the sky.

Oh yeah, and everything is a gift from god and/or god’s will. Enjoy. Let us worship him in all of his glory.

ROFLOL Who are the loons that said this crazy shit? I've really got to know.  Just do me a favor and ask them why the monkey sex has to be of the anal variety, specifically. I'd pay up to $10 to hear the answer to that one!
God created them because he wants them to be there. This is about all we can say for sure, and it should be enough evidence that his intentions are not primarily concerned with our happiness.

God is either a very inept designer, or a cruel one. He gave me an imagination capable of thinking of a world far superior to this without any of that horrible shit in it. So if God cannot do it, my imagination is greater than God. If he won't do it, his motivations are in question.

Giving a being your unwavering support when you don't understand what he is doing or why is a dangerous amoral position.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum