Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution of religion
Evolution of religion
Hi guys!

I've been thinking this through- how every religion develop in accordance with every nation's historical circumstances.. 
Let me explain myself: Let's say that you are a wandering nation somewhere, like the Jews in the desert.. it would make sense to create a strong religion, something that would keep the tribe intact, regardless of other religious impacts from other nations. That's exactly how Judaism worked!
Christianity- since the first Christians were Jews, they created a religion that was half Jewish, but half new; Therefore that mixture didn't hold for long, but a few centuries.
Islam- a mixture of both Judaism and Christianity- Islam doesn't use logic at all, or historical evidence for something, but rather something like: ACCEPT IT, OR DIE! That would fit such people
as Arabs who are quite brutal by nature, and need such a religion that gives you the feeling like you are in the army, and that can exactly fit Islam!

Far eastern religions- since the nations didn't have any need to go from place to place, but had a more calm life- the religion doesn't threaten, it just teaches you some aspects about life, which will fit the regional people.

Also, since religion is a means of survival- since today's people live better materially, the spiritual connection to religion weakens, no matter what your religion is. It seems that today's people try to rewrite the religion to fit a more modernized way of thinking that a primitive one.

What do you think?
RE: Evolution of religion
I agree. Christians are desperately trying to cover up all the obscenities in the bible and come up with all these amazing reasons why they do the exact opposite to their "moral code". Muslims too. It's an ultimately fruitless task I think, trying to bend an inflexible doctrine to make it look actually relevant to a totally different culture. They can only patch it up so much, and the massive plot holes are already obvious to anyone not totally brainwashed.

It seems newer religions such as Scientology have to rethink their strategy so as to be able to mooch off of current society. The fire and brimstone nonsense is just becoming less and less believable to the newer generation I feel.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I suspect that the opposite is true someway, meaning that the old religions are the ones which people adhere to, since the new religions aren't very inspiring in their message.
In any case, religion keeps people gathered somehow, and I assume that due to that fact, religion will always exist, but change its form from time to time, adapting itself to the local culture.
Let's take for example Soviet Russia.. the people were forced to adandon religion, but eventually it didn't reduce crimes or evil deeds at all.. so from that example I can infer, that religion is a necessity for people as a whole for their existence.
On the other hand, take for example Germany.. I don't think that religion there is very influential and the people manage to live normally, until the time they encounter great difficulties, and then religion will rise up again in its strongest sense.

I think I've come to a conclusion: If you want to destroy Muslims- destroy their religion instead Smile
Evolution of religion.

I hope I don't die..maybe if I get this fruit pip in that rabbit hole 3 times in a row I wont die.
Yay got the pip in the hole and didn't die, the hole must be special. let me mark the space.
I am hungry there's a special hole around here my dad told me about, if I leave offerings in the hole maybe I will get some food.
No food came I need to make bigger offerings, maybe it wants blood.
My father paryed to the hole and eventually the hole provided somehow.
What do you mean you don't believe in the hole DIE.
And on it goes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Evolution of religion ?

If the God somebody is channeling can't get it right in the first go round, I don't know what could be better evidence that we're looking at a false religion.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

A general evolution of religion.

[Image: timeline-myth-religion.jpg]
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
I think religion will always exist, but that its power will fade. It's already clear in England, the average "Christian" here probably never goes to church or has opened a bible. New religions will come up, other forms of woo will become popular. But the stranglehold it has had in the past has been somewhat released, and I think it will continue to become more and more irrelevant.

Thanks, internet. Rational thought owes you a debt. Insular bubbles are harder and harder to create now.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ahmed Alhassan (pbuh) the MAhdi talks about evolution and religion alquersh 0 1061 October 27, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: alquersh