Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you stand on make up?
Where do you stand on make up?
About time for another hard hitting investigative report.

Me, I don't like it.  I especially don't like the taste or feel of lipstick.  I asked my wife Lia early on not to wear anything and she never has.  She was like "Oh hell yeah".

So ladies, if you wear it, who do you wear it for?  How much do you use, what sorts?  

Do guys wear make up too now, you know, like metrosexuals.  Of course transexuals do .. or do they?  Is there such a thing as a drag queen who dislikes make up?
RE: Where do you stand on make up?
I don't wear it, except on special occasions (see: being taken out to dinner, or going to visit family, etc).

I own a powder compact, a tube of mascara, and this cool compact my little bro bought me that has like 8 colors of lip gloss and a nice lip brush to apply it with. If I'm feeling flirty, I might put some on my cheeks too, and rub it in as blush.

I do have some eyeshadow and eyeliner around here somewhere, but the only time is use it is on Halloween, lol.

I think make-up, in general, is terrible for the skin, and most people who us it, over-use it.
A little touch of powder or coverup around your eyes or on blemishes, a touch of mascara, and some lip gloss (vasaline works great for a natural look, seriously) is all most women need to look stunning.
If you don't even look like you any more after your apply your make-up, I think you might be using too much.

But this is all just my opinion. I used to wear more make-up in my 20's, when I worked in an office.
Now, I just accept that I look like what I look like. Smile
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(September 17, 2015 at 2:26 pm)Aroura Wrote: I don't wear it, except on special occasions (see: being taken out to dinner, or going to visit family, etc).

I own a powder compact, a tube of mascara, and this cool compact my little bro bought me that has like 8 colors of lip gloss and a nice lip brush to apply it with.  If I'm feeling flirty, I might put some on my cheeks too, and rub it in as blush.

I do have some eyeshadow and eyeliner around here somewhere, but the only time is use it is on Halloween, lol.

I think make-up, in general, is terrible for the skin, and most people who us it, over-use it.  
A little touch of powder or coverup around your eyes or on blemishes, a touch of mascara, and some lip gloss (vasaline works great for a natural look, seriously) is all most women need to look stunning.
If you don't even look like you any more after your apply your make-up, I think you might be using too much.

But this is all just my opinion.  I used to wear more make-up in my 20's, when I worked in an office.  
Now, I just accept that I look like what I look like. Smile

Amen.
My boyfriend cares for me to go barefaced. Usually I only where makeup as a pick me up.
I don't wear any make-up ever. I put on some lipstick when I got married two years ago.

I don't want to ingest a load of synthetic chemicals which aren't fit for human consumption on a daily basis over the course of a lifetime. Ask yourself this, where does the lipstick disappear to? Why do topical medicines still effective?
(September 17, 2015 at 2:15 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Of course transexuals do .. or do they?  Is there such a thing as a drag queen who dislikes make up?

Transsexuals are not drag queens.
yes, that's true.

Transsexuals, Drag Queens, and Crossdressers are all different things.

And I do know of a Transgendered woman who dislikes all makeup, jewelry, and high heels.

She always felt she was a woman trapped in a boy's body,
and finally had the gender reassignment surgery,

but the type of woman she was,
was a very low-key, modest, quiet, librarian type.
I was never a big makeup girl. I mostly only wear it for special occasions. On an everyday basis I do concealer and mascara. On special occasions I add eye shadow. I never do lipstick (i hate it) but I'm addicted to Burt's Bees acai-flavored lip balm but it's hard to find so I have to settle for the pomegranate. I've got one in my purse, next to my bed, on my desk at work, on the end table in the living room....
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I'm a heterosexual guy who never plays any other part or feels any other way (is that "cisgender"? I hear that word a lot). As far as what I like on a woman....well....it's hard to say. I'm not pursuing a relationship since, well, I intend not to marry. But, it doesn't mean I don't look.

Sometimes at women much younger than my 39. One day, I was searching YouTube for who knows what, and came across a lovely mid-twenties young woman who looks a lot younger. Her name is Ingrid Nilsen, and she's got kind of famous for her recent coming out on YouTube.
Her channel is mostly makeup and/or fashion, but occasionally other stuff, from what I see.

Regardless, she has absolutely lovely fashion sense. She does use a lot of makeup. Andlipstick. Very elaborate routines. And really, she doesn't need it, imho, even though she does have some imperfections. But if a makeup regimen is part of somebody looking their best, so be it.

Looking good feels good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/missglamorazzi
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I wore makeup when I did drag xD

I even went through a phase of covering my acne with foundation xD
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7603 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Most otherwise popular food/snack/dessert/beverage you cannot stand ? vorlon13 65 10300 April 16, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Just out of curiosity, does this song make you feel uncomfortable? orthodox-man 7 1053 February 23, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you could make religion illegal ErGingerbreadMandude 102 10044 January 22, 2018 at 4:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Life is not what you make it. Edwardo Piet 2 576 May 14, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 2943 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Five things that will make you feel happier straightaway FebruaryOfReason 21 4268 April 14, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Are Some Little Things People Do That Make You Mad? Salacious B. Crumb 155 13856 September 27, 2015 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  What are some little things people do that make you glad? BrianSoddingBoru4 15 2156 September 26, 2015 at 9:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where do you stand on make up? Whateverist 77 7666 September 18, 2015 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous