Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I'm Going To Like Trevor Noah
I Think I'm Going To Like Trevor Noah

RE: I Think I'm Going To Like Trevor Noah
Oh yeah, Colbert's late show started... Tongue
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Yeah, Trevor Noah is one supremely smart dude. I always loved his appearances on The Daily Show, and I suspect he'll make a great new host. We will all miss Jon Stewart, but if anyone can fill those shoes, it's him. John Oliver was a good stand-in, when Jon was on vacation, but clearly he didn't feel up to the job.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

John Oliver got a much better gig on cable.
The NY Times Editorial  is not as funny as Trevor's bit but they delve to the heart of the matter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/18/opinio...ebate.html

Quote:Eleven presidential candidates had three prime-time hours on the national stage on Wednesday to tell the American people why they should lead the country.
Nobody forced them to be there. They were there freely, armed with the best arguments they and their policy advisers had come up with, to make their cases as seasoned politicians, business leaders and medical professionals — the Republican Party’s “A-Team,” as one of them, Mike Huckabee, said at the outset.
And that, America, is frightening. Peel back the boasting and insults, the lies and exaggerations common to any presidential campaign. What remains is a collection of assertions so untrue, so bizarre, that they form a vision as surreal as the Ronald Reagan jet looming behind the candidates’ lecterns.
It felt at times as if the speakers were no longer living in a fact-based world where actions have consequences, programs take money and money has to come from somewhere. Where basic laws — like physics and the Constitution — constrain wishes. Where Congress and the public, allies and enemies, markets and militaries don’t just do what you want them to, just because you say they will.

An entire political party of fucking morons.
He did quite well.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/trevor-n...ve-enough/

Quote:Trevor Noah mocks GOP ouster of ‘too liberal’ Boehner: It’s like crack telling meth it’s not addictive enough
Still haven't watched Colbert's late show...

Or Noah on TDS.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11431 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 353 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1083 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4571 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5233 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 776 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Keep It Going Ladies Minimalist 6 1168 May 16, 2018 at 11:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do foreigners think of America's cult like Patriotism? GODZILLA 33 3798 March 23, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The country is going down the shitter with Trump in office, but it's okay NuclearEnergy 7 1143 December 4, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15% GUBU 5 1513 April 27, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist