Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the kind of shit about the US Media
This is the kind of shit about the US Media
which really pisses me off.

Last night Trump stood there like a turd in the barnyard while some asswipe made all sorts of nutty "Obama is a muslim" and "there are training camps in this country" verbal diarrhea explosions and then gave a non-answer.  Even John McCain smacked down one of those shitheads in 2008 so that is TODAY'S STORY as far as the media is concerned.

Now at the White House press briefing they asked Press Secretary Josh Earnest about it and he gave some answer along the lines of "Trump is no different from the others..." but then the next reporter started to ask a question about John Kerry meeting with the Russians about Syria and they cut away from the press conference.

Arguably, Kerry talking to the Russians about the disaster in Syria is more important than what Trump or any republicunt asswipe says more than a year before the election.  But they censor the news to keep it tailored to what they want to spoonfeed us.  I suppose now I have to hunt down the BBC or Reuters to see what is happening in the real world.
RE: This is the kind of shit about the US Media
I agree wholeheartedly!  I rarely watch the news networks for this very reason.
As soon as those corporate bastards can figure out a way to make war, terrorism, refugees and mass migration, human rights abuses, sectarian violence among Muslims, destabilization of an entire region,and growing friction between the U.S. and Russia (not to mention profound disagreements among the EU nations as to how to handle the refugee crisis) sexy enough to sell some more fucking commercials, then maybe -- maybe -- we can hear about something other than the goddamn race for the GOP nomination. Fuck! The election is nearly fourteen months away, and apparently it's the only thing happening anywhere in the world to judge from the coverage.

I would give anything if the U.S. would shorten its campaign seasons to something more in line with what they do in the U.K.
Yeah, Min., but at least you can recognize when you're being spoonfed. Too many Americans cannot.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The NY Times finally followed up on the story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/world/...syria.html

Quote:U.S. Agrees to Begin Military Talks With Russia on Syria

As for CNN?

These are the top stories on their web site from just a moment ago.

Quote:
(September 18, 2015 at 3:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The NY Times finally followed up on the story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/world/...syria.html

Quote:U.S. Agrees to Begin Military Talks With Russia on Syria

As for CNN?

These are the top stories on their web site from just a moment ago.

Quote:

One out of nine stories with worldwide significance (though I think the Dylann Roof's friend story is also newsworthy, at least to a U.S. audience).  Way to go, CNN!
(September 18, 2015 at 3:23 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(September 18, 2015 at 3:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

One out of nine stories with worldwide significance (though I think the Dylann Roof's friend story is also newsworthy, at least to a U.S. audience).  Way to go, CNN!
But, but... FOOTBALL!!! Panic
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2134 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8572 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 1872 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  It's obvious the MSM Media hasn't learned it's lesson from 2016 GODZILLA 11 874 June 21, 2019 at 9:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 804 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1287 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2394 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 563 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1532 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 2976 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok