Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a psychiatric/hospital security guard...
Feel free to ask me anything, barring personal information about patients... cos, you know, privacy laws and such.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Ask a psychiatric/hospital security guard...
Have you noticed parallels between the approaches of fundamentalist posters here and the schizophrenics in your ward, when discussing imaginary friends who talk to them?
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

...and, should they all be in straight jackets?
Had a feeling I'd get that question. Big Grin

Most of the patients we get know these things aren't real, and seek help, but those that are too far into the delusions kind of remind me of religious zealots in that sense. No evidence to support their wild claims, and a rabid, paranoid, denial of reality.

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Didja ever see a patient pretend to be doctor so they could escape?!
Hahaha, not yet but I wouldn't be surprised.

The best "disguise" I've seen yet was by a sweet -but completely removed from reality- lady who tried to pretend to be "The Queen of America" and ordered her immediate release. She wore a spare gown on her head as a makeshift crown.

Are there days when the distinction between staff and patient blurs ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yes. -_-

There's been a time or two I wondered if certain coworkers shouldn't be the one's in the lockdown rooms. xD

Frequency of violence to themselves?

Frequency of violence to others?

Types and ratio of mental disorders that you guard (schiz/bipolar/low functioning........)?

Hetero or homo population?

Favorite patient description (don't violate HIPPA)?

Strangest delusion?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Have you ever done this to a patient?
[Image: 1194130b3a3b2b52e9a6824a926c3d80.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a computer security expert (part 2) Tiberius 31 10423 July 18, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ask a patient in a psychiatric facility Jackalope 171 18239 January 11, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Ask a computer security expert. Tiberius 25 4124 May 30, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: pocaracas