Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beavers build dam larger than the Hoover Dam
Beavers build dam larger than the Hoover Dam
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...proud.html

I was watching Rachel Maddow and she pointed it out. It was found on Google earth and in an area pretty much untouched by humans. A brief google search brought up a news story with astounding pictures.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Beavers build dam larger than the Hoover Dam
Epic beaver win.
Awesome Big Grin
Great find Eilonnwy!!

Cleaver little rodents aren't they??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Damn, that must've taken ages to put together.

Thank you for sharing! The animal kingdom is full of surprises that never cease to amaze. I wonder when we're gone millions of years from now will evolved beavers and prairie dogs look upon our ruined dams and constructs and wonder who or what built them. Big Grin

[Image: DSC01651.jpg]
Any moment expect some fundie shitwit to announce that 'god' guided them.
"And Lo, BeaverGod said to these humble primates, 'Go now and construct a great dam of stone, so that the waters may be stopped up and your continued thirst shall be quenched...'"

Someting to that effect, I imagine...

And the atheist beavers will be like "Lawl Stone dams?! What bullshit."
(May 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm)Watson Wrote: "And Lo, BeaverGod said to these humble primates, 'Go now and construct a great dam of stone, so that the waters may be stopped up and your continued thirst shall be quenched...'"

Someting to that effect, I imagine...

And the atheist beavers will be like "Lawl Stone dams?! What bullshit."

Ummmm they are Rodents...ermmm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
[attachment=341]

This beaver was not one of them.

Talk about evolution in action!
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I really hate the comparison to the Hoover dam, making it look like these furry buck tooth rodents look so much more impressive than it actually is.

Show me some natural construct that holds the same pressures and then I'll accept the comparison.

Fucking rats.

/bad mood

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taylor Wilson: I wanna build miniaturized nuclear reactors. Creed of Heresy 5 2674 May 3, 2013 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy