Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fable 2
Fable 2
Okay. I've been playing it for a few months now and have beaten it. The only thing I haven't done yet is all of the dig spots, dive spots and about 10-20 gargoyles. >.<

But I have some HUGE critiques about the game. Which is why I'm hoping Fable 3 corrects them.

Get ready, here they come<3

1. The lag is annoying. I have tons of space on my hard drive, so I know it has nothing to do with that.
2. Better graphics plz. I felt like it was N64 on crack withdrawal.
3. Hulky women are not hot! I understand you bulking up the guys (too much, still), but I don't find hulk-women attractive. As the majority of men/women I've met don't think so, either.
4. Fix the whole "doing 'evil deeds' makes you look evil" bullshit. If that were true according to the game's definition, I'd be ugly as hell. And I'm not. So there Tongue
5. If I wanted a black baby, I'd have fucked/married a black man. Please make actual realistic looking blacks if you're going to be politically correct. I find it irritating in an amusing way when I fuck a white guy in the game and end up popping out a black baby. And make the blacks realistic, because I know they got lazy and changed a graphic for white, poor guys and added dark skin. And let's be real, here. It looked like white guys painted their faces Tongue Which takes away from the beauty of darker skin. If you're going to add different color skinned people, please be accurate. As in, realistic detail of that race and not randomizing children.
6. Make the glowing veins optional. I'd love to learn magic, but can't if I want my character to stay attractive to me, which means no blue glowing veins.
7. I'd love love, love, love more character customization. If you can dye your hair and clothes, and if magic can give you glowy blue veins, I want to be able to magic a nose/boob job. Tongue Not only that but being able to choose body size would be nice, along with height and facial structure.
8. No more choosing wealth, love or sacrificial options! That's retarded and I refuse to submit myself to such torture. How could I now choose my puppy over money or hundreds of other people when it obviously has more emotional significance. And what do I care that I could save lots of people? My character wouldn't want to live after losing her/his family and best friend (dog) that helped her/him through losing their big sister. DID YOU SEE HOW THE DOG JUMPED IN FRONT OF THE BULLET? How could that NOT make you cry? D':
9. More places to explore and quests. Because there really aren't enough to be satisfied. Most of the good ones end after the game or before the end.
10. can't remember my complaint here. But it'll come back to me. In which case I'll edit my post to fix.

All very irritable things that need to be fixed in the next game. I'll understand leaving in the whole "moral" part, but the rest of that shit needs-a-fixen. >[]<'
Saerules Wrote:The air, tis wonderful!

Saerules Wrote:No, don't even ask what I just laughed at. I will not tell you what I just laughed at! You may think I'm going to tell you what I just laughed at, but I'm not!
xD
RE: Fable 2
3. Bulky women are not hot! I understand you bulking up the guys (too much, still), but I don't find hulk-women attractive. As the majority of men/women I've met don't think so, either.

Nothing wrong with 'bulky' women.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My bad. That was a typo. It's fixed now.

Saerules Wrote:No, don't even ask what I just laughed at. I will not tell you what I just laughed at! You may think I'm going to tell you what I just laughed at, but I'm not!
xD
I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT NO ONE HERE IS INTERESTED IN MY EXPERT OPINIONS ON FABLE 2!!!!! I DECLARE WAR ON THE FABLE HATERS!!!!!! *runs around in circles with stick pointed at air*

xD
I got everything except for three gargoyles before I said fuck it. IMO, it went by too quickly for a good RPG. I prefer the Elder Scrolls games.

I don't care too much about what my character looks like, unless I am trying to look the part for a quest or something, so I don't really care much about most of your complaints. I never had a black baby, either. I guess I'll have to try harder next time. Wink

I probably could list a whole shit load of complaints about the game here, but it's been over a year since I played it, so my memory of it is fading. I do remember not being thrilled, however. I bought it the day it came out, so I paid way more than it was worth. I figured it would be better. It wasn't and so I went back to Elder Scrolls and first person shooters. Oh, well.
Elder Scrolls is like RPG perfection. There are just too many things to do, so you always have something left to do, and when you are on your way to complete objective A, you get distracted by quests B, C, and D. I haven't even finished the main quest because I'm having more fun doing all the side quests and becoming the leader of all the factions whilst at the same time honing all my skills! *deep breath*
I know the feeling, Adrian. It's way too easy to get distracted.
Quote:I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT NO ONE HERE IS INTERESTED IN MY EXPERT OPINIONS ON FABLE 2!!!!! I DECLARE WAR ON THE FABLE HATERS!!!!!! *runs around in circles with stick pointed at air*

I've been away... sorry Tiger

(May 9, 2010 at 5:30 am)KawaiiKoneko Wrote: Okay. I've been playing it for a few months now and have beaten it. The only thing I haven't done yet is all of the dig spots, dive spots and about 10-20 gargoyles. >.<
That sounds a bit annoying ^_^

Quote:But I have some HUGE critiques about the game. Which is why I'm hoping Fable 3 corrects them.
I don't think there is much else they can do really... the bastard gypsy got the tower (and i believe also kills you?) and the game ended. I'm not so exited for Fable 3 really Undecided

Quote:Get ready, here they come<3

Tut tut... looks like rain ^_<

Quote:1. The lag is annoying. I have tons of space on my hard drive, so I know it has nothing to do with that.
Most good Xbox 360 games do that... but you are right that in Fable 2 it is particularly noticeable :S

Quote:2. Better graphics plz. I felt like it was N64 on crack withdrawal.
The graphics were fine Smile It is nowhere near as bad as the 64bit era graphics...

Quote:3. Hulky women are not hot! I understand you bulking up the guys (too much, still), but I don't find hulk-women attractive. As the majority of men/women I've met don't think so, either.
Which is why you have to never get hit and be a mage when you play a woman. Fun, isn't it? Sad

Quote:4. Fix the whole "doing 'evil deeds' makes you look evil" bullshit. If that were true according to the game's definition, I'd be ugly as hell. And I'm not. So there Tongue
You know... i don't think demons look evil to be honest. It makes you look demonic when you are "evil"... and angelic when you are good. I hate that fucking halo around my wizard's hat...

Quote:5. If I wanted a black baby, I'd have fucked/married a black man. Please make actual realistic looking blacks if you're going to be politically correct. I find it irritating in an amusing way when I fuck a white guy in the game and end up popping out a black baby. And make the blacks realistic, because I know they got lazy and changed a graphic for white, poor guys and added dark skin. And let's be real, here. It looked like white guys painted their faces Tongue Which takes away from the beauty of darker skin. If you're going to add different color skinned people, please be accurate. As in, realistic detail of that race and not randomizing children.
I sacrificed my wife once... How do you think I got my halo? Wink

I agree to an extent. Everyone knows that it is only women, gangsters, and 'black' men who play dark skinned characters. I assure you of this: we are not the target audience of the game ^_^

Quote:6. Make the glowing veins optional. I'd love to learn magic, but can't if I want my character to stay attractive to me, which means no blue glowing veins.
Does my character have blue glowing veins? :S

Oh wow... did not remember that...

It's kinda sexy ^_^

Quote:7. I'd love love, love, love more character customization. If you can dye your hair and clothes, and if magic can give you glowy blue veins, I want to be able to magic a nose/boob job. Tongue Not only that but being able to choose body size would be nice, along with height and facial structure.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISNTHISNITHSIHRTSITHShockAISUHLURBHDSALUGFLAUISVFHAJSBFIDILWAK JGVDBUIQ<WEJHA VBN>Q ADVBLWU>HBAVDLBUVOBXNAS KCIUOASILYYZUVFIL UWALS&UBVDS&GIUBJAUADV:GUFBWUAGV:ShockUVWAEDGUVWFAEGEUUUFOBCS{*BAOIDJFEQU*WOIBJF

Wub.

Quote:8. No more choosing wealth, love or sacrificial options! That's retarded and I refuse to submit myself to such torture. How could I now choose my puppy over money or hundreds of other people when it obviously has more emotional significance. And what do I care that I could save lots of people? My character wouldn't want to live after losing her/his family and best friend (dog) that helped her/him through losing their big sister. DID YOU SEE HOW THE DOG JUMPED IN FRONT OF THE BULLET? How could that NOT make you cry? D':
Well... considering I didn't give a shit about the dog as Meera and was frankly pissed I couldn't kill it...

I agree that choosing between the one, the few, and the many is somewhat ridiculous... but to me the choice is not so much a choice as annoyance at losing the one and the few for the many...

Quote:9. More places to explore and quests. Because there really aren't enough to be satisfied. Most of the good ones end after the game or before the end.
Indeed... and there really isn't enough variance to play through the game more than once. Compare that to something like Dragon Age Origins... ^_^

Quote:10. can't remember my complaint here. But it'll come back to me. In which case I'll edit my post to fix.
Like... totally.

Quote:All very irritable things that need to be fixed in the next game. I'll understand leaving in the whole "moral" part, but the rest of that shit needs-a-fixen. >[]<'

None of it is as irritation inducing as not saving for a good 5 hours and suffering a power outage (caused by your father turning off the electricity) right before your save was complete, corrupting the file in the process, as you were about to fight the last boss.

NONE OF IT.
Quote:I don't care too much about what my character looks like, unless I am trying to look the part for a quest or something, so I don't really care much about most of your complaints. I never had a black baby, either. I guess I'll have to try harder next time. [quote]

Bastard who isn't constrained by appearances... > _ > I hatez you... but does this mean *I* get the sexy clothing drops? ^_^
[quote='Tiberius' pid='69861' dateline='1273538937']
Elder Scrolls is like RPG perfection. There are just too many things to do, so you always have something left to do, and when you are on your way to complete objective A, you get distracted by quests B, C, and D. I haven't even finished the main quest because I'm having more fun doing all the side quests and becoming the leader of all the factions whilst at the same time honing all my skills! *deep breath*

/agree.

Of course... there are other major contenders in the field. Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2... Good stuff Smile

Fable 2 doesn't even come close to any of these greats.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I can't get into rpgs unless I feel like I'm the person in the game. I just can't. Except pokemon... and even then I could get more into it if they allowed customization >.<

I guess I'm also a sims freak. Which is weird since when I was a brainwashed fundie I hated the idea of the sims because I thought it was wrong to "play God." D:

And oblivion is THE ultimate rpg experience. And I'm even more infuriated at Bethesda for postponing their new Oblivion game. I believe it's going to take place in Skyrim. O.O But I recently read an article somewhere that instead of them focusing on it coming out in 2010, is now not coming out at all. I briefly recall them mentioning not working on it in the next decade. Which really twists my bra!!! D:<

xD
(May 14, 2010 at 4:29 am)KawaiiKoneko Wrote: I can't get into rpgs unless I feel like I'm the person in the game. I just can't. Except pokemon... and even then I could get more into it if they allowed customization >.<

You know... for the first time ever in pokemon: I chose the male character over the female one. The female character in HG/SS is just horrible... granter: the male character isn't 'good': it's just less full of fail.

Quote:I guess I'm also a sims freak. Which is weird since when I was a brainwashed fundie I hated the idea of the sims because I thought it was wrong to "play God." D:

I don't care much for the sims... I prefer immersive experiences to 'god games'.

Quote:And oblivion is THE ultimate rpg experience. And I'm even more infuriated at Bethesda for postponing their new Oblivion game. I believe it's going to take place in Skyrim. O.O But I recently read an article somewhere that instead of them focusing on it coming out in 2010, is now not coming out at all. I briefly recall them mentioning not working on it in the next decade. Which really twists my bra!!! D:<

I disagree. It is a great one, granted... but hardly the ultimate rpg. Rather: it is perhaps the best 'sandbox' rpg (though it has other contenders in this area, rather notably Fallout 3, also by Bethesda). To declare it the ultimate rpg experience is a rather difficult title for an rpg to earn indeed...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day