Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huckabee Farting Out His Idiocy Again
Huckabee Farting Out His Idiocy Again
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/mike-huc...meet-pope/

Quote:Mike Huckabee: Obama has no right to ‘believe he’s a Christian’ after inviting gays to meet pope

You'd have to seriously question the intelligence of any 'god' who appoints Huckabee as his spokesman.
RE: Huckabee Farting Out His Idiocy Again
Not only that, but that fool has not paid attention to what the current pope has said about gays:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29...-to-judge/

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
It's becoming more and more difficult to find a news source that isn't shooting for the clickbait, and I am clearly no Fuckabee apologist, but here's what he actually said:

Mike Huckabee Wrote:"I'm also concerned about a guy that believes he's a Christian and pretends to be and then says he is but does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith," Huckabee said, inferencing President Barack Obama. "I'm disappointed if a person who says, 'I'm a Christian,' but you invite the pope into your home and then you invite a whole bunch of people who are at odds with the Catholic Church policy.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Muslim-...id/692807/

That's a bit different from saying he "has no right to believe he's a Christian," Raw Story.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote:"I'm also concerned about a guy that believes he's a Christian and pretends to be and then says he is but does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith,"

No.  I think that makes the point.  It's the old True Christian bullshit with the customary southern drawl.
(September 23, 2015 at 2:56 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: It's becoming more and more difficult to find a news source that isn't shooting for the clickbait, and I am clearly no Fuckabee apologist, but here's what he actually said:

Mike Huckabee Wrote:"I'm also concerned about a guy that believes he's a Christian and pretends to be and then says he is but does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith," Huckabee said, inferencing President Barack Obama. "I'm disappointed if a person who says, 'I'm a Christian,' but you invite the pope into your home and then you invite a whole bunch of people who are at odds with the Catholic Church policy.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Muslim-...id/692807/

That's a bit different from saying he "has no right to believe he's a Christian," Raw Story.

Your quote of Huckabee makes him seem like a total moron who does not know what he is talking about.  I guess Huckabee imagines that Obama should only invite devout Catholics to meet with the pope.

Inviting people to speak with someone does not prevent them all from practicing their own religions.  Huckabee is a total moron.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I'm more stuck on how any self-respecting gay actually wants to deal with this religion and it's leaders. Sure this Pope is a little more progressive than the last ones were, but he hasn't exactly said anything ground-breaking that will rock the church to it's foundations.

Disengage. I don't care about making Christians like gay people through diplomacy with the Pope, I care about taking their power and privilege away.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Oh yeah, not that it makes him look any better, just pointing out how RawStory can be as bad as Fox News with the headlines.

Fuckabee is still an unadulterated idiot, and this quote bolsters that premise. It would have been an equally compelling headline: "Huckabee: 'Inviting gays to meet the Pope makes you Anti-Christian'"
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Somebody quick, offer Huck a glass of strychnine and a deadly serpent, let's see how strong his faith is.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 23, 2015 at 3:22 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Somebody quick, offer Huck a glass of strychnine  and a deadly serpent, let's see how strong his faith is.

Allegory!!!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
They handle cobras in India.

I've seen the vid, pretty damn impressive. And then we have our lackluster uninspiring Christians . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 265 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1029 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 13456 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4108 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Sh*thole craps on his intel again..... Brian37 2 551 August 3, 2018 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2093 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 728 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1685 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Trump bomb Syria to back up his live tweets on Fox & Friends on 4/10? Whateverist 1 491 April 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The WLB Changes His Mind. Or Not. Minimalist 1 537 April 12, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie