Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mythbusters
Mythbusters
I guess that many of you are familiar with the tv-show on Discovery: Mythbusters and their two hosts Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage?

Intresting thing ahout them is that they apperently are atheists, or as they diplomaticly put it " identifies strongly with skeptics and atheists".

Anyway Adam have also said in a interview:
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling. And I have the unique ability, maybe, to sell this idea to Discovery, and they'll, they might allow me to do it, and I'm gonna try as hard as I can."

That would be great thing if they did that on they show, isnt it?
RE: Mythbusters
Wow, that's great to hear! Thank God for Adam Big Grin (Hilarious bible reference! Go me!)
I guess they'd interview people like Richard Lenski about his famous e coli experiment which caught Evolution in action. Should be interesting though Big Grin
Did anyone know that Jamie and Adam had a minor roll in the movie "The Darwin Awards"?

Love the program. Love watching it, especially if it's a challenging myth!

I think that proving natural selection will probably take more than one show, maybe two or three...
But I'll certainly look forward to it!
dog·ma
n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
(December 8, 2008 at 8:25 am)Baird Wrote: Did anyone know that Jamie and Adam had a minor roll in the movie "The Darwin Awards"?

I think that proving natural selection will probably take more than one show, maybe two or three...

I did know that, there were also in CSI Las Vegas or something.
(December 13, 2008 at 5:48 am)Giff Wrote:
(December 8, 2008 at 8:25 am)Baird Wrote: Did anyone know that Jamie and Adam had a minor roll in the movie "The Darwin Awards"?

I did know that, there were also in CSI Las Vegas or something.

I've got no idea, because I hate CSI.
dog·ma
n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mythbusters: does God exist KUSA 10 2198 December 9, 2015 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter