Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Truth...
The Truth...
... Is Still Out There:

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: The Truth...
I liked the show, but having so VERY, VERY many people think it was real instead of fiction was super annoying.

The bees pollinating the corn thing is perennially funny, BTW.

ROFLOL
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Imma watch the fuck outta that. Wink

(September 29, 2015 at 10:43 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I liked the show, but having so VERY, VERY many people think it was real instead of fiction was super annoying.

But it is totally real. It's the really real. The true-true. Tongue
Damn, Gillian Anderson just gets better with age.

Never seen X-Files (I know, shut it Tongue), is it recommended viewing?
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
That's what made it even more fun; pretending, just for an hour, that you're on the inside of those big conspiracies. But yeah, the ones who take it that bit too far are just idiots who see signs everywhere. Except when there are no signs, which is even further proof of whatever bee they've got in their tinfoil bonnet.

Hold on... bees in the bonnet... OMIGOSH! Shock WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING-GLASS, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 29, 2015 at 10:52 am)Iroscato Wrote: Damn, Gillian Anderson just gets better with age.

Never seen X-Files (I know, shut it Tongue), is it recommended viewing?

For me, apart from the fun of pretending to be "in the know", I enjoy some of the dialogue. Such as when the agents find a corpse severed in two in mysterious circumstances. Scully asks, "Well, Mulder? Should we arrest David Copperfield?" To which he replies, firmly, "Yes. Yes, we should. But not for this."
(September 29, 2015 at 10:52 am)Iroscato Wrote: Damn, Gillian Anderson just gets better with age.

Never seen X-Files (I know, shut it Tongue)
[Image: 9j5SscH.jpg]

(September 29, 2015 at 10:52 am)Iroscato Wrote: is it recommended viewing?

Sure. The early episodes are the best, IMO, but then it got too caught up in its own craziness.
The last couple of seasons

got a bit much.
I might be the odd man out, but I never cared for X-files.

I get turned off by shows where the skeptic is always closed-minded and wrong.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 29, 2015 at 11:15 am)Faith No More Wrote: I might be the odd man out, but I never cared for X-files.

I get turned off by shows where the skeptic is always closed-minded and wrong.

That's a good point.  I used to watch the show and I enjoyed it, but looking back it's kind of disappointing that the psychic, supernatural, alien, boogyman nonsense is always portrayed as the likely explanation.  The show probably wouldn't work if the entirety of the FBI believed in the boogyman and it was up to one agent to be the voice of reason... too much like reality i suppose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2025 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Tract Dissection: The Awful Truth Rev. Rye 2 2410 March 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye