Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Colbert Already Shaklng Up Late Night
Stephen Colbert Already Shaklng Up Late Night
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/stephen-...ing-up-tv/

Quote:Of course it's still early, but numbers released Thursday for the first official week of the fall season show that Colbert — who took over the CBS late-night talk show on Sept. 8 — has so far helped CBS reach a larger, more youthful audience since David Letterman retired. Colbert, 51, has re-energized the show along with his new melodica-playing bandleader Jon Batiste; the pair open shows by dancing together, sometimes with high kicks.
RE: Stephen Colbert Already Shaklng Up Late Night
To me, Colbert is easily better than Fallon and Kimmel. If I am turning on one of them, there is no question which one it will be. I also rather like Jon Batiste, and wish I could hear him instead of the commercials. Or instead of at least half of the musical guests. Probably more like 9/10ths.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I gave Fallon a week and gave up on him  Too Hollywood and he's no Jay Leno.

Colbert though is giving me the half-hour bridge I need to The Daily Show.
I like Colbert, but find myself watching The Daily Show more often than not.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Out here, The Late Show starts at 10:30 and the Daily Show starts at 11.... except when the rest of the country changes the clocks and the The Daily Show starts at midnight.  It's a fucked up system but hey... Errorzona.

I rarely watch the interviews on either.  Most of them are too superficial.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Maher - Last Night Minimalist 16 1663 April 9, 2018 at 11:20 am
Last Post: henryp
  You Have To Give Saturday Night Live Credit Minimalist 0 362 October 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Colbert On The Putin-WLB Break Up Minimalist 2 364 August 4, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Colbert Works Over The WLB on Trumpcare Minimalist 0 310 March 28, 2017 at 10:11 pm
  Stephen Colbert: Up Against The Wall, Motherfucker! Minimalist 0 334 March 11, 2017 at 11:59 am
  Stephen Colbert Explains Putin and the WLB Minimalist 0 567 March 7, 2017 at 1:49 pm
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 815 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Stephen Colbert on Prayers, Shooting and ISIS Minimalist 0 596 December 8, 2015 at 1:46 pm
  Colbert Has Some Fun With "Nostradonald." Minimalist 0 520 November 25, 2015 at 11:48 am
  Colbert On Republicunts and Refugees Minimalist 1 957 November 20, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin