Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube and gmail... Help!
Youtube and gmail... Help!
Right, so I've had this Youtube channel for several years now. A while back, I found that it had somehow been merged with my niece's gmail account. To make matters worse, it's set as the primary account for the channel; and the only way to remove it and reinstate my email account, it seems, is to delete Youtube from the gmail one. Or something like that. I'm very wary of doing that, in case I end up fucking up my channel, or losing it altogether. Google make things as easy as they possibly can't, don't they?

Any ideas?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Youtube and gmail... Help!
Sorry, Stimbo, you just confused me up the wazoo.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
As long as you are not actually sharing the same email, you should just be able to disconnect one user or the other. Gmail will let you merge a couple of accounts together but they are still separate, only sharing.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Stim, I only just signed up to youtube to upload the cat vid.
I used my normal gmail account... I can't remember if it gave me other choices though. eg: google+, fb, etc

I imagine that plenty of people would forget their youtube pwd's ...Shouldn't it be as simple and signing in to youtube and changing your email address in settings?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
First thing I tried. It's adamant that Rosie's Gmail account is my primary one. I can still log in with my hotmail account, but it doesn't show up under my profile when I am logged in. Added to which I am forever getting "Account Action Required" notifications sent to my phone about it.

Don't worry, Kitan, it's confusing me as well.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
next million dollar q.
Can you login as the "other" account, the one you think is the main one ...get the login details.
Or ask them to log in and change the primary account in settings...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Did you look into plus-dot-google-dot-com settings? I was just screwing around and went there. And yeah, they made it so "easy," ya can't do shit. Tongue
Um gee golly I have no idea what's happening
The person who set up my niece's Gmail tried to separate it from my channel, but no dice.

I don't think I tried those settings, house. I'll have a go when I'm at the PC later.
There's probably a help forum you can parse, somewhere. I remember dicking around with one in my Blogger days. Good luck. Wink

Came up with this just now - help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why won't YouTube let me upload this video? FlatAssembler 21 2158 April 19, 2022 at 8:17 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What's happening with Youtube? (or The Great YouTube outage of 2018) Rev. Rye 6 326 October 16, 2018 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Youtube Copyright Disaster! Angry Rant (beware F Bombs ahead) Gooders1002 11 3179 December 17, 2013 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Firefox 23, embedded flash (youtube) and https pocaracas 4 2234 August 8, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can anyone help me with some bbpress problems and customization? Gambit 0 1758 June 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Gambit