Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 10:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the assholiest Theist you've met in REAL LIFE?
Who is the assholiest Theist you've met in REAL LIFE?
Us theists know have our circle nasty rivalry against atheist opponents online. But in real life, but to be frank, atheist assholes in real life are so RARE that I seriously need to go dig around the country for some with a spade. I've never met a mean atheist in real life except on Reddit and other online people. But we all know that there plenty theists assholes like myself who are bothersome idiots in real life AND online who give a armpit-load of frustration for you guys and the rest of the world.

So I want to know some real-life, non-online, experiences you've had with a theist asshole that was so negative that it blew your nut away?

At any rate, we could use some introspection and see how we theists appear in front your guys.
RE: Who is the assholiest Theist you've met in REAL LIFE?
Luckily I haven't met any in real life. Any theist who knows I'm an atheist is pretty nice about it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I don't think I've ever met anyone who was an arsehole because of what they believe. I try not to judge people like that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
A creationist in my class at college, about 5 years ago. He firmly believed the world was created in 6 days, 6,000 years ago. He was also a deeply unpleasant human being, and seemed to take relish in the fact that so many people would be burning in hell.
Despite my various attempts at politely and not so politely asking him to leave me alone, he persisted.
So I punched him in the face one day, after about 6 months of this going on. And he left me alone. Do I regret it? Yes, to some extent - but 16 year old, hormone-filled me was not prepared to handle the unrelenting stupidity and general dickishness coming from this guy. :/
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 4, 2015 at 9:39 am)Chad32 Wrote: Luckily I haven't met any in real life. Any theist who knows I'm an atheist is pretty nice about it.
Wow. So this whole thing was some nasty online unpersonal war the whole time? *sigh*
What whole thing?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 4, 2015 at 9:42 am)Iroscato Wrote: A creationist in my class at college, about 5 years ago. He firmly believed the world was created in 6 days, 6,000 years ago. He was also a deeply unpleasant human being, and seemed to take relish in the fact that so many people would be burning in hell.
Despite my various attempts at politely and not so politely asking him to leave me alone, he persisted.
So I punched him in the face one day, after about 6 months of this going on. And he left me alone. Do I regret it? Yes, to some extent - but 16 year old, hormone-filled me was not prepared to handle the unrelenting stupidity and general dickishness coming from this guy. :/
Well I think I can kind of see both sides here. I'd relate to that idiot as I myself *believe* out of *faith* that the world is 6000 years old, 6 days blah blah blah.

He's probably a secluded, homeschooled son of a priest with hard head and lack of empathy like me. But I don't blame your action because after all, he (like I) was being nasty and Christians like me are supposed to accept "persecution" (more like justice in your case) anyway. We conservative twits have that unfortunate feature of pushing things into people's faces without checking how someone feels first. Sorry for that.

(October 4, 2015 at 9:44 am)Stimbo Wrote: What whole thing?
The whole Atheist vs. Christian catfight in Online America.
(October 4, 2015 at 9:42 am)Iroscato Wrote: A creationist in my class at college, about 5 years ago. He firmly believed the world was created in 6 days, 6,000 years ago. He was also a deeply unpleasant human being, and seemed to take relish in the fact that so many people would be burning in hell.

6 months? You're a lot more patient than I am.

I haven't met a theist IRL who was that persistently obnoxious, but I did once have an Amway asshole try to insert himself into my life (he seemed to think I owed it to him because he picked me up hitchhiking). He would call at work, show up unannounced at my place, etc. I tried the polite brush-off for about two weeks. Then one day, after I'd been partying hard with some friends, he turned up at my place and woke me up to pitch me again on the virtues of joining Amway. I mustered by best (hung over) Michael Corleone coldness and informed him that the next time I saw him, regardless of circumstances, I would beat his ass without remorse. I fucking meant it, and I think he knew I meant it because I never saw or heard from the prick again.

Sometimes sweetness works. Sometimes you need a club.
(October 4, 2015 at 9:51 am)bambi_swag Wrote:
(October 4, 2015 at 9:44 am)Stimbo Wrote: What whole thing?
The whole Atheist vs. Christian catfight in Online America.

Am I involved in this "catfight"?
(October 4, 2015 at 10:05 am)Crossless1 Wrote:

6 months? You're a lot more patient than I am.

I haven't met a theist IRL who was that persistently obnoxious, but I did once have an Amway asshole try to insert himself into my life (he seemed to think I owed it to him because he picked me up hitchhiking). He would call at work, show up unannounced at my place, etc. I tried the polite brush-off for about two weeks. Then one day, after I'd been partying hard with some friends, he turned up at my place and woke me up to pitch me again on the virtues of joining Amway. I mustered by best (hung over) Michael Corleone coldness and informed him that the next time I saw him, regardless of circumstances, I would beat his ass without remorse. I fucking meant it, and I think he knew I meant it because I never saw or heard from the prick again.

Sometimes sweetness works. Sometimes you need a club.
You could have shown him a rainbow colored flag and pretended to be gay and I bet he would run his shit away. Either that or he might be filled with the holy indignation to cut your dick off

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 3190 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 8676 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2799 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 429 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3419 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 1933 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 1893 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] If I met Him... zwanzig 54 4246 January 13, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1371 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4078 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon