Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 Year-Old Murders 8 Year-Old
11 Year-Old Murders 8 Year-Old
An 11 year-old boy from Tennesse intentionally shoots an 8 year-old girl and is being charged with murder.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/boy-11-charg...lds-death/

At what point will Americans hang their heads in shame and admit that our infatuation for firearms carries too high a price?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: 11 Year-Old Murders 8 Year-Old
At this point I'm more concerned over the punitive nature of the American system. In most parts of Europe, you can't be charged under the age of 14. Oh yes, there would be consequences, but these would be trying to turn that boy before he turns into a full blooded serial offender. Just locking him up will have the opposite effect. Unless they plan on throwing away the key on an 11 year old.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Most Americans are already aware of this. From what I've heard, 93% of americans wanted gun reform after sandy Hook. It's the people in power who don't care.

What's the worst an 11 year old can get for premeditated murder, anyway?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

"Wouldn't have happened if the 8 year old had a gun."

Saw something like this on FB when Oregon happened (whenever that was- so long ago). Anyways, I'm off to move on with my life totally unaffected by this. Oregon who?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 5, 2015 at 4:26 pm)Chad32 Wrote: What's the worst an 11 year old can get for premeditated murder, anyway?

Nevermind that. That guy needs some serious psychological work. There's a killer in the making and he's still young enough to be turned.
(October 5, 2015 at 4:27 pm)Exian Wrote: "Wouldn't have happened if the 8 year old had a gun."

Yeah. Then it would be two dead children.

This is sickening.
(October 5, 2015 at 4:25 pm)abaris Wrote: Unless they plan on throwing away the key on an 11 year old.

Don't tempt our right wing. This is the kind of thing they love to appear tough on crime with.

Most likely, he'll have to be in juvenile detention until he's 21. From what I understand, that's basically a recipe to make him a lifelong criminal.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 5, 2015 at 4:26 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Most Americans are already aware of this. From what I've heard, 93% of americans wanted gun reform after sandy Hook. It's the people in power who don't care.

What's the worst an 11 year old can get for premeditated murder, anyway?

I've heard the opposite. Most Americans don't want it.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 5, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Faith No More Wrote:  From what I understand, that's basically a recipe to make him a lifelong criminal.

Exactly what I mean. Turn a wannabe killer into a career one.
(October 5, 2015 at 4:38 pm)abaris Wrote: Exactly what I mean. Turn a wannabe killer into a career one.

That's how our system works. People go into prison on what should be minor drug possession charges and come out hardened criminals. Combine that with the fact that our inmates make up 25% of the total number of incarcerated people in the world and you have a recipe for trouble.

It's no wonder we have a gun violence problem
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 408 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 556 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  For Robert Mueller This Is Like [REDACTED] a 4 Year Old Minimalist 2 796 December 6, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Mom who killed her two year old only gets 40 years Sterben 15 2063 July 21, 2018 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  11 year old boy develops device that could prevent hot car deaths Cecelia 6 1824 July 19, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Man jailed for 30 years after killing 3 year old Tarasoft11 5 1006 September 6, 2016 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  43 year old man posed as 16 year old boy online to solicit nudes of his own daughter Ryantology 17 3468 March 29, 2016 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Atheist
  Judge dismisses case of cop sexually assaulting 4 year old girl Heat 26 3909 February 16, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Palestine/Israel, same old same old. Brian37 7 1569 March 22, 2015 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sam Harris on Chapel Hill murders. Brian37 0 585 February 18, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37