Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is awesome !
Life is awesome !
Hello all, i know this is a bit random, but what the hell Smile

Life is awesome. I am not sure how to add to that. I spent the last 2 hours on my bed, listening to music while watching the stars out the window, with a cool drink and a box of cookies on the nightstand, and i had some sort of realization: does anyone else ever have that feeling, just for a brief instant, that life is pretty great ?
Love, art, friendships, music, the beauty of nature and its diversity, the many cultures, the history of the humans that lived before us (BTW read the wikipedia article on Xerxes and Darius and their wars against the Greek, its fascinating), the amazingness of the universe, Internet (a giant gateway to human creativity)...

I just think that too many people worry about too much, too often. Too busy doing things because they always want more out of life, and never enjoying it until it is too late.

Ambition is great, it is what makes humanity go forward, but some people just need to try to take some time out to watch the stars or look the the clouds and just be at peace.
I sound like a hippie right now don't i ?
Tiger
RE: Life is awesome !
It's good to sound like a hippy; the hippies had a lot going for them. Big Grin

I agree with you; the vastness of the universe and all it's wonders leave it impossible to travel the entire thing, and yet in this one life we have endless amounts of time to explore as far as we possibly can. As long as you do your best, you'll get the best possible results out of life.
(May 15, 2010 at 6:17 pm)Watson Wrote: It's good to sound like a hippy; the hippies had a lot going for them. Big Grin

I agree with you; the vastness of the universe and all it's wonders leave it impossible to travel the entire thing, and yet in this one life we have endless amounts of time to explore as far as we possibly can. As long as you do your best, you'll get the best possible results out of life.

Is your last sentence not simply wishful thinking?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
No, it's pretty self-evidently true; if you try your best, you will get the best possible results out of life for yourself...
(May 15, 2010 at 6:33 pm)Watson Wrote: No, it's pretty self-evidently true; if you try your best, you will get the best possible results out of life for yourself...

No it isn't. I might try my heart out and still feel unfulfilled.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I doubt it. Is there something you want to talk about? Last I checked, this topic was about how awesome life can be if you make it awesome. What you are saying is like saying "I did my best on the test, but I got my worst." That is not right.
(May 15, 2010 at 6:36 pm)Watson Wrote: I doubt it. Is there something you want to talk about? Last I checked, this topic was about how awesome life can be if you make it awesome. What you are saying is like saying "I did my best on the test, but I got my worst." That is not right.

cmon this is supposed to be an optimistic thread, stop ruining my good mood
Angel Cloud

Theists, non-theists, it doesn't matter because everyone can look at the sky, or feel the Sun on your face or sense a gentle breeze and smile Smile
(May 15, 2010 at 6:36 pm)Watson Wrote: I doubt it. Is there something you want to talk about? Last I checked, this topic was about how awesome life can be if you make it awesome. What you are saying is like saying "I did my best on the test, but I got my worst." That is not right.

You asserted something as self-evidently true but it isn't.
And no, the topic is not qualified by " if you make it awesome " ...life is " self evidently " awesome.
I'm not trying to! Tongue I really wanted to contribute to the topic, in fact I agree with you. Life is awesome! bozo decided to counter what I said, though, for some reason.

@bozo; if your best is a 68% on a test, and you try your best, and you get 68%, you have done your best and gotten your best in return. If you are not satisfied with that, then it is because of your own unhappiness and you probably really haven't done your best. EIher that, or your idea of the best is some standard based around societies idea of 'the best.'
Watson, we agree life is awesome.
Your logic re. the test result escapes me...can you do any better?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2840 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3441 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1375 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2011 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3042 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Awesome ex-muslim testimonies. purplepurpose 5 1335 August 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, brukanzuu 14 2833 March 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, baah 59 9666 October 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, cali0 38 6727 November 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 152 13337 August 23, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: InsaneDane