Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:53 am

Poll: Who likes to rock the party?
This poll is closed.
We like to rock the party.
40.00%
4 40.00%
fr0d0
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get to know your staff! - Meatball
Thumbs Up 
Get to know your staff! - Meatball
Since half the questions below are a result of SaeRules' raging autism, I'll make this a brief bio.

My name is Mark. I'm 24 years old, and I live in Winnipeg, Canada. I'm currently on hiatus from earning my Computer Science degree, and I do helpdesk support full-time. I'm into music, film, console gaming, UFC, and I like to follow tech news and American politics.

I was never religious, but wasn't neccessarily raised atheist. Religion wasn't really discussed in my household. I really only became firm in my belief about 4 years ago. After I had an internal revelation I sought out literature, starting with Dawkins' 'The God Delusion' which opened my eyes to a wide range of arguments and really helped further solidify my position.

Despite my apparent grumpy-old-man tone, I don't take many things very seriously. If I ever come across as a douchebag or rage-a-holic in a post or discussion, call me on it and you'll probably get an apology and a joke.

On to the questions...

Do you own any guns?
No. I live in a city and don't feel I have a need for a gun. I think people should be allowed to own guns, but that they should be heavily regulated and controlled.

What is your favorite band, song and album?
Band - Nine Inch Nails
Something about NIN speaks to me. I like most, but not all of Trent Reznor's work.

Song - This is hard. I can't pin it down. Contenders might be 'The Great Below' by NIN or 'Reflection' by Tool. I tend to like more mellow, spacey songs, but I haven't declared any my favorite.

Album - Again hard. I'll go with Thom Yorke's 'The Eraser' because I've loved it since I first heard it, and still listen to it all the time.

For an outdated look at my exact listening habits, check out my Last.fm profile.

What does your political compass look like?
It's all over the place. It depends on the issue, but to generalize, I'm all about personal freedoms, but I think business and corporations need to be heavily regulated. I like government programs but feel a lot of them are broken. I voted for the Green Party in the last federal election.

Are you sure you aren't a grumpy old man?
Nope. I feel like a grumpy old man some days. I assure you I am actually a spry 24 year old man.

If you are sure you aren't a grumpy old man... then why do you think your 'sound' like a grumpy old man in your posts? I'm pissed off because I post at work all the time. I'll work on it. I'll throw some sparkles in my signature.

If it is because you have a banana in your mouth while you write your posts so as to make you sound like a grumpy old man... shouldn't you see a therapist?
Yeah probably. Well, maybe not. Damn kids.

If you had a choice between a Pikachu with a light ball (and knows surf), and a bottle of grape juice... would you keep smoking?
D) All of the above

If you could choose your last meal, what would you choose?
I'd probably choose a giant well made steak, steamed asparagus, and a side of poutine just because.

Now I'm all hungry at work.

Think of any more questions? Post those bitches in here and I'll update this post.
- Meatball
RE: Get to know your staff! - Meatball
Steak is always the way to go for a last meal. Smile
I don't really know you, so this kind of helped in that regard. And I voted for fr0do, because I'm a sucker for a needy cause.
Why did you say you were 24 years old and then say you were 23 years old? Now I really do doubt your age some more Wink you grumpy old man!

Which is it? 23 or 24? (And yes, I assume you typoed one of them lol (also I want to hear the answer from you directly (in text form) - you could have lied in your profile too!))).
It was my birthday on the 18th so I'm still adjusting.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- Meatball
What should we do with Saerules? :S
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(May 23, 2010 at 9:16 am)Darwinian Wrote: What should we do with Saerules? :S

Thinking

Throw me a party? Tiger

I forgot I asked those questions, honestly Blush But they were inspired questions, I'll give them that ^_^
Meatball Wrote:Since half the questions below are a result of SaeRules' raging autism, I'll make this a brief bio.

I sometimes do wonder if it is autism... but it certainly isn't raging Wink I don't rage... the closest I can go is psychotic. Sleepy

Quote:Nope. I feel like a grumpy old man some days. I assure you I am actually a spry 24 year old man.

You assure me... but somehow your' statement of:

Quote:That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Counters all of that assurance to leave me where I was before Sleepy

Quote:I'm pissed off because I post at work all the time. I'll work on it. I'll throw some sparkles in my signature.

They are pretty sparkles! Tiny Tiger

New questions:

Are you cybernetic?

Are you a ninja?

Are you blue?

If not any of the above... are you 1/10th or more as psychotic as me? ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions Darwinian 3256 747774 2 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Staff Moderator The Valkyrie 20 1283 December 30, 2023 at 8:25 am
Last Post: no one
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6196 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The "Report" button, and how not to treat your staff. Jackalope 71 27860 February 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Guidelines for Staff Correspondence Shell B 3 1313 June 8, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: brewer
  Get to know your staff [UPDATED] Losty 534 42812 February 16, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Staff Interviews - Tiberius Tiberius 103 13817 November 19, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Staff Interviews - Losty (Plus our NEW YouTube channel!) Tiberius 72 15929 November 5, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Staff Interviews - Stimbo Tiberius 33 6322 October 13, 2016 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Staff Interviews - robvalue Tiberius 81 9997 October 6, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: robvalue