Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rik Mayall as - Kevin Turvey
Rik Mayall as - Kevin Turvey
One of Rik Mayall's earliest characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6fZPRNGHg

I was always a massive fan of the late great Rik Mayall, and to those who are also a fan - and others - I hope you enjoy this if you haven't seen this already, or even if you have.
RE: Rik Mayall as - Kevin Turvey
Kevin Turvey was my introduction to Rik Mayall, just prior to The Young Ones. Classic.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
So sad he died.
Well yeah I really like the "Bottom" (TV series) and it showed London as this I don't want to say 'ugly' place but rather realistic then it is now portrayed. I mean something happened to English humor in the 90's, maybe because of Tony Blair but London and England started being portrayed very embellished and as time progressed comedies were more idiotic. You know about this cute young yuppies (frequently Hugh Grant) that are trying to get pregnant, or going out on parties and being popular and they're so great that their shit even smells like roses. It's not like it used to be when English people made fun of themselves like "You Rang, M'Lord?" or "On the Buses" or even "'Allo 'Allo!" which was set in France. I mean there used to be an expression "Ugly like an Englishman" but now it all went down the drain.

Just remember in "Black Adder" when Baron von Richthofen comments "How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing! For us, it is a mundane and functional item...for you, the basis of an entire culture!" which was always true. I mean just take one of monuments of English literature "The Canterbury Tales" which is nothing more then 400 pages of toilet humor.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"