Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega structure found
Mega structure found
So what's everyone's thoughts on NASA finding a mega structure in space? A lot of people are calling it a alien made object or meteorites
and if it is of alien origin that would be very interesting. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...93886.html

If it is of alien origin the universe well on our side would have gotten less of a lonely place.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Mega structure found
I have a heavy dose of scepticism on the "alien structure" statements.

Very interesting, though.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yeah, I don't care what lots of people call it. I just wait for NASA to determine what it is.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
If alien, might give me something worth prayin to.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 15, 2015 at 9:04 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If alien, might give me something worth prayin to.

A fleet of super star destroyers?

Undecided
(October 15, 2015 at 9:16 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 9:04 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If alien, might give me something worth prayin to.

A fleet of super star destroyers?

Undecided
Just pray to make it quick. No lingering death please.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 15, 2015 at 9:20 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 9:16 pm)Beccs Wrote: A fleet of super star destroyers?

Undecided
Just pray to make it quick. No lingering death please.

They'll never take us alive.

Which is convenient because they probably don't want to...
(October 15, 2015 at 9:25 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 9:20 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Just pray to make it quick. No lingering death please.

They'll never take us alive.

If they have the capability to make a jump here to visit us i doubt any alien race would want to visit us.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yeah, I'm skeptical, but possibly the saving grace for this article and claim, and the best thing to keep in mind is that the scientists are probably just as skeptical, if not more skeptical than we are. For once, we aren't getting these nutty people that are "so sure" aliens exist based on one or two things that they can't explain, or their failure to understand the science.

I usually never take any claims of "aliens" in to consideration, but perhaps the reason I am interested in this one is because the scientist thinks it's just as implausible as I do. Any new proof that comes out will be interesting.

Mainly though, for the people who are interested if he comes up with new proof or new findings, I don't think he will ever(or any other scientist for that matter) be able to come up with enough proof to be sufficient enough so that people accept this as credible. I'm not talking about the people who don't want to believe it, but the people who want to. Due to the limitations for this sort of thing, since it's so far away(and in the past for that matter), a mega boat load of evidence would be required in order for it to be credited as the truth, and since there is only so much they can do, I don't expect anything significant to come any time soon.

Something I haven't heard talked about:
Go on the assumption that this actually gets proven for a second;
If he can see it in space from this far away, and tell that it is a space structure, it is MASSIVE. If they(whoever "they is") can build a space structure that gigantic that with our undeveloped technology can see it from this far away, they are much much more advanced than us. There's no telling what they are capable of, if this is true. It must be bigger than a planet, at the least! If this gets proven, not only will it prove there is other life in the universe, but much more importantly - it will prove that there is life much later in the evolutionary process than us, that there is other intelligent life. Not intelligent life by our standards, comparing them to us we would be incredibly stupid. They are intelligent beyond our imagination.
(October 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 9:25 pm)Beccs Wrote: They'll never take us alive.

If they have the capability to make a jump here to visit us i doubt any alien race would want to visit us.

I remember a story from years ago about the rise of humanity of Earth.

How we're always killing each other.  How we're polluting the only world we can live on because of our greed.

"But, one day, humanity will leave it's nest and plunge into the universe...

...assuming the aliens will let us."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1476 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth Minimalist 364 55169 August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Amazing Dinosaur Found (Accidentally) by Miners in Canada TubbyTubby 4 1658 May 14, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Earliest evidence of life on Earth 'found' Minimalist 6 1737 March 1, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Planet Found in Habitable Zone Around Nearest Star zebo-the-fat 72 7909 August 27, 2016 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Alex K
  LHC News - New particle found dyresand 0 972 July 14, 2015 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Evidence of how our Moon formed... found? Welsh cake 16 5079 July 6, 2014 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Computer code(s) found within super string equations. x2theone2x 5 2948 February 7, 2014 at 11:57 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Olympus sized vulcano found under the pacific. Anomalocaris 5 3127 September 11, 2013 at 1:34 am
  Sugar Found in Space thesummerqueen 7 3203 September 1, 2012 at 2:36 am