Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empirical Evidence for Multiverse
Empirical Evidence for Multiverse
................(crickets)

Not only is there no empirically verifiable evidence for the multiverse, there could not ever be. By definition, the constants and physical laws that make our universe possible would not apply in another. In short, our version of physics would have no applicability to the 'natural' laws of an alternate universe. The multiverse is an unfalsifiable faith-based theory.
RE: Empirical Evidence for Multiverse
K den.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I didn't know you were so 'clued up' on the multiverse theory.

You should submit your theory to the scientific community for testing.

You are a highly qualified theoretical physicist as opposed to a theist with confirmation bias who speaks of subjects he is ignorant in... right?
(October 16, 2015 at 9:19 am)ChadWooters Wrote: ................(crickets)

Not only is there no empirically verifiable evidence for the multiverse, there could not ever be. By definition, the constants and physical laws that make our universe possible would not apply in another. In short, our version of physics would have no applicability to the 'natural' laws of an alternate universe. The multiverse is an unfalsifiable faith-based theory.

Why should you have a problem with a unfalsifiable faith based theory? I'm not a physicist, or even all that knowledgable about physics so I can't say if there is a multiverse or not. Whatt I do want to point out is the rank hypocrisy of you critising others for what you called a faith based theory when you follow an ideology that says explicitly that it is unfalsifiable and faith based. I suggest you go back and read Paul's letter to the Hebrews where he explains this in surprising clarity for the bible. I also recommend reading luke again as well, for Jesus stated explicitly in luke, thou shalt not test thy lord thy god. Of course luke is also where Jesus said " take the plank from your eye so that you may see clearly to remove the speck of dust from your brothers."
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 16, 2015 at 9:30 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:

Why should you have a problem with a unfalsifiable faith based theory? I'm not a physicists, or even all that knowledgable about physics so I can't say if there is a multiverse or not. Want I do want to point out is the rank hypocrisy of you critising others for what you called a faith based theory when you follow an ideology that says explicitly that it is unfalsifiable and faith based. I suggest you go back and read Paul's letter to the Hebrews where he explains this in surprising clarity for the bible. I also recommend reading luke again as well, for Jesus stated explicitly in luke, thou shalt not test thy lord thy god. Of luke is also where Jesus said " take the plank from your eye so that you may see clearly to remove the speck of dust from your brothers."

I thought that was about having your head up your own ass etc etc? I may just be remembering Redbeard's sig. I prefer that version anyhow.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Chad, self-described "Pompous Ass".

Well at least he's not inaccurate all the time.
It's not a theory, it's a hypothesis. Actually a group of hypotheses. Like all valid hypotheses, they attempt to explain observations in a way that is at least potentially testable. It has nothing to do with faith, you're not supposed to believe it before there's enough evidence to justify accepting the hypothesis.

Whether another universe's physical laws would be completely different from ours would depend on which, if any, multiple universe hypothesis turns out to be true. There's no reason why other universes would necessarily vary widely from ours and no reason to think the universal constants are completely arbitrary and random in their values.

Have you considered Googling 'evidence for multiple universes'?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Chad loves his confirmation bias. I wouldn't even bother with the pompous ass.

(Hey, surely I can call him that? He admits it!!).
Was the crickets thing in his OP because he imagined there couldn't possibly be a cogent reply?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...c-map.html

Quote:The first 'hard evidence' that other universes exist has been found by scientists.
Cosmologists studying a map of the universe from data gathered by the Planck spacecraft have concluded that it shows anomalies that can only have been caused by the gravitational pull of other universes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is evidence? Arkilogue 50 7761 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evidence of ET? Jehanne 54 7402 December 19, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Evidence vs proof? IanHulett 20 3837 December 14, 2015 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Evidence against creation Neber 51 14364 April 20, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  Thoughts on a multiverse/consciousness Gessle 32 6528 February 14, 2015 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory? Walker_Lee 51 9744 May 14, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Evidence for the Culprit in the Late Bronze Age Collapse in the Levant Minimalist 0 972 February 14, 2014 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2156 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  More Evidence...as if it were needed...that White Evangelicals Minimalist 18 5359 January 5, 2014 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  More Evidence of Evolution in Action Minimalist 8 3290 November 7, 2013 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris