Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from the clown car: Radio host suggests enslaving the poor, Huckabee agrees
News from the clown car: Radio host suggests enslaving the poor, Huckabee agrees
"Huckabee Suggests Poor People Should Be Sold Into Slavery For Stealing"

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/1...e-slavery/

Quote:Host Jan Mickelson began by bemoaning that the “criminal justice system has been taken over by progressives.” In order to fight back, he argued, conservatives should look to the biblical Book of Exodus. “It says, if a person steals, they have to pay it back two-fold, four-fold,” Mickelson explained. “If they don’t have anything, we’re supposed to take them down and sell them.”

Mickelson went on to argue why jails, which he claimed are a “pagan invention,” are inferior to slavery: “We indenture them and they have to spend their time not sitting on their stump in a jail cell, they’re supposed to be working off the debt.”

“Wouldn’t that be a better choice?” the host asked.

“Well, it really would be,” Huckabee replied without missing a beat. “Sometimes the best way to deal with a nonviolent criminal behavior is what you just suggested.”

You just can't make this shit up. Complete with demonizing liberalism and everything! "[The] criminal justice system has been taken over by progressives" - um, no. If it *had* been taken over by progressives, it'd look a lot different than the system we have today, fucktard. Guy doesn't miss a beat.
RE: News from the clown car: Radio host suggests enslaving the poor, Huckabee agrees
I refuse to believe people like that exist.

Shoo, shoo!!
RE: News from the clown car: Radio host suggests enslaving the poor, Huckabee agrees
Isn't there already some sort of work privilege program in place at some prisons?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 16, 2015 at 12:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm?

There are alot of unused guns in the US. Perhaps that. Dunno.

Why is this person even... something of notice?
I'm sure a lot of people agree with him. They're fucking nuts. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he rises in the polls after this.
There are many advantages to running for President. One of those advantages is that you get this really big soapbox to stand on and a really big megaphone to spew your shit from. For some candidates, this is all they want. They know they can't win but they get this awesome platform which they can use to advance their cause.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 16, 2015 at 12:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm?

Gators and moccasins.  Bonus, they work for free, no unions.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
His last name is Huckabee. How much can you actually expect?

However, I don't believe he meant sell them into slavery. Just make then indentured servants. Still stupid, but again Huckabee.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Please do not let Huckabee into the white house. I'd take Trump over this guy, as bad as he is, because I haven't heard Trump go on about turning America into a theocracy. I will leave this country. I don't know how, but I will do it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5697 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Oh The Poor Widdle Orange Fucktard Minimalist 35 2041 August 18, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Poor Little Orange Turd Can't Grasp It... Minimalist 0 441 July 20, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Uh-Oh. Poor Manafort Minimalist 4 667 June 5, 2018 at 1:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Third parties profiting off of poor outcomes for patients....in AMERICA!? Aegon 23 3396 April 28, 2018 at 5:41 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Poor Widdle Mikey Cowen...... Minimalist 0 427 April 25, 2018 at 8:45 pm
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1704 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Piss Poor Aim Minimalist 9 1823 December 19, 2017 at 10:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Crazies Will Run This Poor Bastard Out of the Republicunt Party Minimalist 0 436 September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm
  Poor Useless Bastards. Minimalist 7 805 July 19, 2017 at 2:13 am
Last Post: vorlon13