Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
India - Muslims told to stop eating beef
India - Muslims told to stop eating beef
Over here in the land of Chevy, Apple Pie and Donald Trump we tend to think of Hinduism as not being as bad as those other nasty religions in provoking its adherents to acts of violence or intolerance. They seem to keep to themselves and not mess with others too much. Many engage in yoga after all!

Now, from Hindu Central, we see this may be an incorrect perception. In at least one Indian state, the sentiment from the HMFIC is "Muslims can stay, but thank you for not eating my God. Otherwise, get the hell out!"

Quote:Describing the Dadri lynching incident as “wrong” and the “result of a misunderstanding”, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said Thursday “Muslims can continue to live in this country, but they will have to give up eating beef” because “the cow is an article of faith here”. Khattar, who completes one year in office later this month as the head of a BJP government, told The Indian Express in an interview that the cow, the Gita and Saraswati were articles of faith for the majority in the country, and that Muslims would not be violating their religious beliefs by giving up beef.

and

Quote:“Culturally, we are democratic. Democracy has freedoms, but those freedoms have a limitation. Freedom of one person is only to the extent that it is not hurting another person,” he said. “Eating beef hurts the sentiments of another community, even constitutionally you cannot do this. The Constitution says you cannot do something that offends me, I cannot do something that offends you,” he said in response to the observation that preventing people from eating food of their choice was an infringement of their constitutional right. “They can be Muslim even after they stop eating beef, can’t they? It is written nowhere that Muslims have to eat beef, not is it written anywhere in Christianity that they have to eat beef,” he said. 

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/i...l-khattar/

The Dadri lynching was the recent case of an enraged Hindu mob, attacking a Muslim family for eating beef. It later turned out, the meat in question, was in fact mutton, for what that matters.

Quote:A mob carrying sticks, swords and pistols arrived at Mohammad Akhlaq's house at around 10:30pm. The family had finished dinner and were going to sleep. Akhlaq and his son Danish were already asleep. The mob accused them of consuming beef. They found some meat in the refrigerator and seized it. But the family insisted it was mutton. The mob dragged the family outside. Akhlaq and Danish was repeatedly kicked, hit with bricks and stabbed. Akhlaq's elderly mother and wife were also attacked. The family's Hindu neighbours tried to stop the mob but could not succeed. The police were called and they arrived an hour later. By then, Akhlaq was dead and Danish was badly injured.

The family had been living in the village for about the 70 years. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Dadri_mob_lynching

File under: Religion, what's the harm? - exhibit 254,621
RE: India - Muslims told to stop eating beef
This is what happens when illiterate bigots study religion.

Beef != Cow

Beef mainly comes from buffaloes, and India is one of the largest exporters of beef in the world and thus gains a major portion of it's revenue from it. But whatever, fuck revenue and prosperity and let religion guide you to a 4th world status.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Well, Muhammadans would ban pork if they were in power. Isn't this just a 'taste of their own medicine'? You get these Saudi funded Fascists who will talk about tolerance and then laugh at the Hindus. The Egyptian government took away the pigs from the Zabaleen under the guise of swine flu and then discovered pigs aren't so bad after all.

(October 16, 2015 at 3:45 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Well, Muhammadans would ban pork if they were in power. Isn't this just a 'taste of their own medicine'? You get these Saudi funded Fascists who will talk about tolerance and then laugh at the Hindus. The Egyptian government took away the pigs from the Zabaleen under the guise of swine flu and then discovered pigs aren't so bad after all.

Absolutely, and the argument for why religion needs to be kept out of any public policy decision-making.
The surprise at this sort of thing results from the disconnect between

1) what India is advertised to be in American media:  the world's largest democracy, on the verge of embracing capitalist free enterprise and become an honorary western nation, and almost ready to play the part assigned to it by America in America's effort to retain absolute preeminence in the pacific and Central Asia,  and

2) what it actually is: a chaotic, sectarian strife riven nation, not all that far from being a failed state, whose majority hindu population just put a Hindu fanatic into the prime minister's office, who until recently was on United States state department's list of terrorists and gross human right abusers forbidden to enter the United States for conducting pogroms against the Muslim minority while he was a regional governor in India.
What kind of a fucking moron worships a cow in the first place?
[Image: god-with-cow.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:Over here in the land of Chevy, Apple Pie and Donald Trump we tend to think of Hinduism as not being as bad as those other nasty religions in provoking its adherents to acts of violence or intolerance. They seem to keep to themselves and not mess with others too much. Many engage in yoga after all!

Then your lot need to read more. Hindus are no less savage than anyone else.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 16, 2015 at 6:21 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: [Image: god-with-cow.jpg]

Jesus fucking christ that's gay.

And not in that good Terry Bradshaw sticks his hand up my butt kinda way.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 16, 2015 at 4:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What kind of a fucking moron worships a cow in the first place?
It's not a zombie cow!  And leave my holy monkey and holy rat alone!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Know, Truth Be Told. Minimalist 7 3136 July 9, 2017 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Women in 'marginal' Jewish sect told not to drive ReptilianPeon 8 2266 May 29, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Child Sacrificed; Liver offered to Gods (India) Handprint 10 4912 June 25, 2012 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Justtristo