Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock & Roll Rush Radio
Rock & Roll Rush Radio
It is no mystery I hate the economic right and the likes of Limpdick.

But in holding government jobs there is no political or religious litmus test.

OK, so some PC liberal, and I am a liberal myself, bitched about a mail carrier listening to Macy's Parade Float jaded sexist hot air windbag Rush Limpdick on their route.

But so the fuck what, he wasn't using a bullhorn, it was a radio any worker uses to get through the work day. When politics or religion become a problem is when you have a captive audience and a monopoly. If this were at the post office building itself, it would be a problem, because at that point you have a captive audience.

As much as I hate the right on economics and religion, I value equally as much no litmus test to hold office.

The mail carrier needed to feed his family, but in this situation, he wasn't using his position to spread his stupidity.

I asked the person who bitched if they would feel the same way if the carrier were listening to Maddow.
RE: Rock & Roll Rush Radio
A little context for your rant would be helpful.
I agree. Although if you are a public servant, if it's loud enough that I can hear it from my house, probably too loud, whatever it is. If I approach the van, that's my problem, not his/hers.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If there were a bullhorn on the car an especially if the majority of carriers had bullhorns and or the majority of employees on a daily basis were full volume on every route that would be one thing. But most humans private or public use distractions like music or radio to cope with the work.
The context was that a fellow liberal got bent out of shape overhearing a mail carrier's radio playing asshat Rush Limbaugh.
(October 16, 2015 at 3:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The context was that a fellow liberal got bent out of shape overhearing a mail carrier's radio playing asshat Rush Limbaugh.

Although usually one must be a moron to be a conservative (in the sense that is commonly used in the U.S.), one can still be a moron and be liberal.

Still, wanting to control what radio station a letter carrier listens to really seems most compatible with fascism.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy RUSH day! no one 15 1195 December 23, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  (Curious) Roll Call Foxaèr 8 640 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  The most controversial shirt in Rock history. Exian 10 2310 June 29, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Rhondazvous Interviewed on MTSLove Radio This Morning Rhondazvous 17 3039 June 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Streaming radio Oldandeasilyconfused 6 1750 July 23, 2011 at 8:46 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  So I'm apparently the singer for a punk-rock band now Watson 21 3926 May 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Internet Radio Retorth 12 6847 September 7, 2009 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet