Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next time someone says their religious text is a literary miracle...
The next time someone says their religious text is a literary miracle...
Direct them to this website:
https://libraryofbabel.info/

It's a website that contains all strings of characters of the Latin alphabet (plus limited punctuation) that can be written and all that ever will be written (up to 3200 characters in a 'word' I believe). Algorithms automatically generate the text and you can search for particular strings of characters. If somebody does this for the Arabic language heads will explode and Fatwas will be issued as people will come to realize just how limited and pathetic Allah really is.

Can't believe there are people that argue that humans cannot arrange characters, in a language humans created, in a certain way and therefore that means their text is from god.

RE: The next time someone says their religious text is a literary miracle...
I never get it when people say that their text "has miracles in it".

Anyone can write a story which includes miracles. You can just say some event happened, and God did it, it was a miracle. As the narrator you have special powers within the confines of your story to make up whatever you want, and it becomes fact. Why people think that such a description has anything to do with reality is what confuses me.

People can make stuff up. Even when they're not making it up, they can be mistaken as to what happened and why. Just because they allegedly saw something, it doesn't team their explanation for it has any credibility.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
My brother's final Art project at Uni before his graduation was using the application of that website.

http://libraryofbabel.businesscatalyst.com/

P.S. To see all the next you may need to be using a high enough desktop resolution.
Joe Smith did it too.

The Book of Mormon, (first edition) was exuberantly described as the most perfect book of all.

The current LDS issued B of M, I note, has been changed 3000 times since that first perfect version.  Most strangely, the LDS administration considers either the current or the first edition Book of Mormon to not have any errors at all.  One might think one or the other might have 3000 mistakes, or maybe both have 1500, perhaps, but as it turns out thinking along those lines only gets a person in trouble.

When cornered (and whooped up side the head) you might get a Mormon to admit there are 3000 changes, but they were inconsequential ('then why bother?' turns out to be another one of those questions that can get someone in trouble) they hasten to add.  Mostly grammar, puncuation, stuff like that.

Looking over the 1st edition, it does indeed look like God Almighty had quite the problem with using 'is' and 'are' correctly.  He was a little confused with King Mosiah, too, as I recall.

The really funny thing about changing the Book of Mormon comes from Joe Smith's description of how the book was transmitted from God to us.  It turns out, the magic letters in the magic hat with the magic stone(s) and the magic gold plates would not work unless and until whatever Joe had just written down or dictated was in fact, written down correctly.  Joe admitted many passages were difficult to get written down correctly, but not to worry, the process automatically prevented any errors from being recorded.

This really makes it difficult to understand how any errors came to be in the Book of Mormon in the first place, don't it ??

And who had the cajones to then go an change it ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 16, 2015 at 3:18 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Direct them to this website:
https://libraryofbabel.info/

It's a website that contains all strings of characters of the Latin alphabet (plus limited punctuation) that can be written and all that ever will be written (up to 3200 characters in a 'word' I believe). Algorithms automatically generate the text and you can search for particular strings of characters. If somebody does this for the Arabic language heads will explode and Fatwas will be issued as people will come to realize just how limited and pathetic Allah really is.

Can't believe there are people that argue that humans cannot arrange characters, in a language humans created, in a certain way and therefore that means their text is from god.

How did they get my password?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3183 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1239 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4603 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Question about a specific claimed miracle anonymous89 43 5561 February 13, 2020 at 2:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Let's be biblically literary Foxaèr 53 4752 September 24, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Stoneheart
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4492 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10861 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8528 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9191 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2276 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold