Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women and Islam
Women and Islam
I'm curious what Mo3 thinks of women and the islamic expectations of how they must live.

I am a free, unmarried woman. I have consentual sex with whoever I want, whenever I want. I have never had any children (by choice), and feel no obligation to breed since there are enough of my fellow humans already doing that. What does islam think of my nonharmful lifestyle? I also support myself financially, and fully control my life as much as any man controls his.

Thor had a question about the sacks that muslim women are often expected to wear. I read that the reason they have to wear them is that muslim men are unable to control themselves when they see a female, so the women must hide their shapes and features since the men claim to be too weak to control what they do with their penises. I don't know if what I read is true though.
RE: Women and Islam
Perhaps the reason for your leading such a sinful life is that your genitals are still intact. Although female genital mutilation isn't in the koran, it apparently does find some support in the hadiths. This from islamonline:

Quote:However, the most moderate opinion and the most likely one to be correct is in favor of practicing circumcision in the moderate Islamic way indicated in some of the Prophet's hadiths – even though such hadiths are not confirmed to be authentic. It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to a midwife: "Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands". The hadith indicates that circumcision is better for a woman's health and it enhances her conjugal relation with her husband. It’s noteworthy that the Prophet's saying "do not exceed the limit" means do not totally remove the clitoris.

Full text: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satel...z0p9sH1Imz
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
(May 27, 2010 at 3:11 pm)Caecilian Wrote: Perhaps the reason for your leading such a sinful life is that your genitals are still intact. Although female genital mutilation isn't in the koran, it apparently does find some support in the hadiths. This from islamonline:

Quote:However, the most moderate opinion and the most likely one to be correct is in favor of practicing circumcision in the moderate Islamic way indicated in some of the Prophet's hadiths – even though such hadiths are not confirmed to be authentic. It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to a midwife: "Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands". The hadith indicates that circumcision is better for a woman's health and it enhances her conjugal relation with her husband. It’s noteworthy that the Prophet's saying "do not exceed the limit" means do not totally remove the clitoris.

Full text: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satel...z0p9sH1Imz
Wow, these guys are so scared that the women will find out they are lousy in bed and leave them for a better lover, that they take away the woman's sex organs so real happiness won't ever tempt her. If I ever saw someone about to do that to a girl, I would kill them to protect her from lifelong unhappiness. What do you think about women who are disabled because their sex organs are chopped off, Mo3? I'm hoping that you will tell me you are strongly against it.

Even partial removal of the clit traumatises and causes pain. This alone will prevent most of those women from ever having an orgasm. Most of the time none of the clit is left however, and it's a guarantee of no orgasm. The reason that the men prefer it, is 1; the women don't go searching for the sexual pleasure their husbands can't give them, and 2; the mutilation also usually includes the surgical reduction of the hole size, so the new husband can pretend to himself that his cock is bigger than it really is. For the woman, it means that her first time with him is painful, not just boring cuz she has no sex drive anymore, but painful too. After each kid, they sew her up tight again so he can rip her open again.

This practice will soon be a thing of the past. The women over there are starting to find out what has been done to them and what they are missing in sexual pleasure because of it. They are not happy.
(May 27, 2010 at 1:23 pm)Scented Nectar Wrote: I'm curious what Mo3 thinks of women and the islamic expectations of how they must live.

I am a free, unmarried woman. I have consentual sex with whoever I want, whenever I want. I have never had any children (by choice), and feel no obligation to breed since there are enough of my fellow humans already doing that. What does islam think of my nonharmful lifestyle? I also support myself financially, and fully control my life as much as any man controls his.

Thor had a question about the sacks that muslim women are often expected to wear. I read that the reason they have to wear them is that muslim men are unable to control themselves when they see a female, so the women must hide their shapes and features since the men claim to be too weak to control what they do with their penises. I don't know if what I read is true though.

Yes, I have read articles where a Muslim cleric will say that the women must cover up because it prevents the men from becoming overcome by their sex drive when seeing a woman. It's all about respecting and protecting the woman, they argue.

What absolute bullshit!

Apparently, Muslim men can't control themselves when they see a pretty girl and they'll rape her on the spot!

No, this is all about control. Women are reduced to "nonperson" status and denied basic rights such as the the right to an education, the right to work, the right to drive a car, etc, etc.... This also makes them dependent on men for survival. It's sickening and I can't believe that any society can operate this way in the 21st century.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
If I type to that type of man (unable to control his dick around female immodesty), and I mention that I am naked and female, will I be sued for the price of his new keyboard when his old one gets, um, messy? Cuz I don't think that's fair.
(May 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm)Scented Nectar Wrote: If I type to that type of man (unable to control his dick around female immodesty), and I mention that I am naked and female, will I be sued for the price of his new keyboard when his old one gets, um, messy? Cuz I don't think that's fair.

Sued???

I think that you'd be sent to hellfire at the very least. Temptress Devil

Its a strange mentality, isn't it? First of all, men are infantilized (we are entirely at the mercy of our cocks). In order to deal with this, the solution is to mutilate, degrade and debase women, making them even lower than the infantilized men. Yuck.

Islam is there to remind us that Christianity, bad though it is, could really be an awful lot worse.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Here's a video. Part of it is about the drawing Mo thing (before the recent 'day'), but the other part is about women in muslim societies. It's pretty funny besides making good points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmapi4N-eM
(May 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm)Scented Nectar Wrote: If I type to that type of man (unable to control his dick around female immodesty), and I mention that I am naked and female, will I be sued for the price of his new keyboard when his old one gets, um, messy? Cuz I don't think that's fair.

You owe me a new keyboard.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Quote:in the moderate Islamic way indicated in some of the Prophet's hadiths – even though such hadiths are not confirmed to be authentic.

Which makes them indistinguishable from the rest!
(May 27, 2010 at 11:05 pm)Dotard Wrote:

You owe me a new keyboard.
Damn, I'm good! If I keep this up, I'll be starting earthquakes when I'm past 100.
Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6194 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1518 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 7728 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4544 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7733 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 38140 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 954 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 6859 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Women allowed to dive in Saudi Arabia; more talk WinterHold 2 1263 September 28, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Niqab and Muslim Women WinterHold 34 9389 August 31, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: chimp3