Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix the Quote This Post Button
Fix the Quote This Post Button
The Quote This Post (QTP) button isn't broken but I'd like if instead of just copying the plain text of the post to the 'clip board', the QTP button would copy the text that appears in a new post window upon clicking the Reply to Post button. The QTP button, at the moment, doesn't even put the post in quote tags. I think the modification of the QTP would make creating new threads based on posts on other threads a lot easier since you still want to reference the link that the original post you're quoting belongs to while moving a discussion that is tangent of the topic of the original thread it was posted on.
RE: Fix the Quote This Post Button
The QTP button does put the post in quote tags. I don't know why it isn't working for you; perhaps try clearing your browser cache.
It works for me as well.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Works for me too. Big Grin
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
oh ok. weird. I haven't cleared my cache, but let me try it again now anyway.

hey! it works perfectly now. Smile
oh wait.. what's wrong?
i clicked the QTPB on Eilonnwy's last post and it partially quoted tackattack. :S let me try deleting my cache now.

does it again. what am i doing wrong?
Evidently a problem with your browser. It's working fine for everyone else.
(May 29, 2010 at 4:36 am)Tiberius Wrote: Evidently a problem with your browser. It's working fine for everyone else.

It at least works for me, Adrian, Ely, and leo... though I should hesitate to suggest it works fine for everyone else Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
yeah I'm using Google Chrome.
(May 29, 2010 at 4:36 am)Tiberius Wrote: Evidently a problem with your browser. It's working fine for everyone else.

Try accessing the site on a different browser.
(May 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm)The_Flying_Skeptic Wrote: yeah I'm using Google Chrome.

(May 29, 2010 at 1:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Try accessing the site on a different browser.

I'm using Chrome 5 and it works for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate button BrokenQuill92 4 1114 December 10, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  [Serious] The Show Content Button? Draconic Aiur 3 1090 May 15, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Is the fucking forum quote function in need of some subtle fucking tweekage? Succubus 14 1937 March 18, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The "winner" button Foxaèr 9 2094 September 29, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  What have I done and how do I fix it? BrianSoddingBoru4 10 2314 November 19, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  [Tutorial] How to use the quote function pocaracas 1 1146 October 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do I quote other posts? Bunburryist 5 1684 August 14, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: wiploc
  Add a soundcloud button? bennyboy 8 2161 March 3, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1306 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Quote/Reply not working right in a thread Clueless Morgan 8 1926 August 31, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan