Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
imprisonment, rioting, killing - over PRAYER
imprisonment, rioting, killing - over PRAYER
I heard a report on NPR this morning about the Muslim/Palestinian reactions to Jews, praying at the Al-Aqsa Mosque (Dome of the Rock): they're outraged.  It's not allowed. They're ONLY supposed to pray at the Western Wall, and some Jews are challenging this.
The report said that they are talking about installing security cameras and increasing the security team.  Any non-Muslim found praying there is taken to jail.

For praying.

They certainly didn't think this through.  Surely if god is displeased, god could make that plain on his own.  And this is the "holy place" for both sides . . . with both sides claiming the other is trying to usurp "god's place".  As if the creator of a billion galaxies needs a single spot in the middle east!  I'm not sure it's really about god anymore.  It's a turf war, plain and simple.

I'm just wondering what you guys (Mystic Knight? -- wanna give an opinion?) think.  

Locking people up, knifing them in the streets - - for PRAYING in the wrong place.  Wow, that just sounds insane to me.

http://news.yahoo.com/secret-prayers-jew...11347.html
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: imprisonment, rioting, killing - over PRAYER
(October 29, 2015 at 9:43 am)drfuzzy Wrote: I heard a report on NPR this morning about the Muslim/Palestinian reactions to Jews, praying at the Al-Aqsa Mosque (Dome of the Rock): they're outraged.  It's not allowed. They're ONLY supposed to pray at the Western Wall, and some Jews are challenging this.
The report said that they are talking about installing security cameras and increasing the security team.  Any non-Muslim found praying there is taken to jail.

For praying.

They certainly didn't think this through.  Surely if god is displeased, god could make that plain on his own.  And this is the "holy place" for both sides . . . with both sides claiming the other is trying to usurp "god's place".  As if the creator of a billion galaxies needs a single spot in the middle east!  I'm not sure it's really about god anymore.  It's a turf war, plain and simple.

I'm just wondering what you guys (Mystic Knight? -- wanna give an opinion?) think.  

Locking people up, knifing them in the streets - - for PRAYING in the wrong place.  Wow, that just sounds insane to me.

http://news.yahoo.com/secret-prayers-jew...11347.html

Welcome to religion Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Even when I was a protestant christian, there wasn't some place where I believed it was better to pray. Jews and muslins want to pray at certain places, or in certain directions? I just prayed silently whenever. Wherever.

Religion is all about control, so I'm not surprised that religious extremists would want to control prayer.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:Locking people up, knifing them in the streets - - for PRAYING in the wrong place. Wow, that just sounds insane to me.

Of COUSE it's insane. But it isn't any more insane than killing people for praying on the wrong day or to the wrong god or eating the wrong food or marrying the wrong person or living in the wrong place or praying to the wrong god in the wrong place at the wrong time while you're eating the wrong food on the wrong day and reading to wrong book to the wrong person you married.

This is what religion is all about, mate.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm having trouble thinking of a better place for terrorists/neo-Soviets/USAF detonating a largish nuclear weapon than the Dome on the Rock.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhfPyreR_sE
They managed to put another tier on the mental cake.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Level the whole fucking area and put up a shopping mall.  The world needs more shopping and less fucking praying.

Only assholes pray.
thanks for the info ! me and Mystic Knight are setting up a formal debate with a mod right now about whether or not religion is necessary and whether or not it is harmful to society so this will come in handy

same shit different day  Sad
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
(October 30, 2015 at 9:19 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: thanks for the info ! me and Mystic Knight are setting up a formal debate with a mod right now about whether or not religion is necessary and whether or not it is harmful to society so this will come in handy

same shit different day  Sad

This I've got to see Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5607 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7770 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1050 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5701 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6110 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63199 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 16431 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  is collective prayer any more effective? ReptilianPeon 65 8338 June 14, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  My thoughts on prayer dyresand 25 6044 October 14, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Biblical Prayer Contradictions Salacious B. Crumb 143 19803 July 4, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb