Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exorcism?
Exorcism?
What are your thoughts on exorcism?

I find it frightening that demons possess people.  I know it sounds like a bunch of hooey.. but just ask all the people who have used/abused ouija boards!

Check out this real live account from a Roman Catholic Priest (wierd sort of Christian I know!) about his battle with the devils!
RE: Exorcism?
Demons don't exist, shithead.  Oh wait . . . I'm talking to one.  They're called "preachers".
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I for one find it frightening that people still believe in demons. In one word, exorcism is on the same lines as rape and should be punished accordingly. At the very least, people doing it, should be locked away in a mental asylum to keep society from harm.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Moderator Notice
I've removed the link for violating our 30/30 rule for posting links. Please familiarise yourself with our forum rules
Dying to live, living to die.
hmm, abusing ouija boards Thinking

somehow I think my image of Losty and the board is not what you are talking about, is it?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 29, 2015 at 2:43 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: What are your thoughts on exorcism?

I find it frightening that demons possess people.  I know it sounds like a bunch of hooey.. but just ask all the people who have used/abused ouija boards!

Check out this real live account from a Roman Catholic Priest (wierd sort of Christian I know!) about his battle with the devils!

In another thread you said Catholics weren't Christians.

Which is it?

Oh and exorcisms: religious abuse of the mentally ill, in most cases.

In the other cases: hysteria.
Dying to live, living to die.
I agree with you OP.
I believe in demons and spirits.
Please don't tell me you believe in the moon landing as well!
These atheists are just trying to pull the wool over our eyes!
Stay safe, my friend.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I find exorcisms disgusting on two fronts. For one, the idea that demons exist is the type of thing that only four year-olds should believe. Secondly, as Beccs said, these people that are being "exorcised" are mentally ill and need real treatment, not a bunch of grown men that believe in fairy tales standing around trying to cast out Lucifer's minions with magic words. It's abuse of people with serious illnesses.

Quite frankly, I don't take anyone seriously that believes in this garbage.
It's bullshit. But you know this. RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Okay, so I haven't been on here in a while, and noticed that the threads I've seen tonight where this OP is the OP...he only posts one post in the beginning and nothing else. lol Funny threads are funny. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disproving exorcism DramaQueen 19 3874 November 24, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: polar bear