Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turn to God and God turns to you
turn to God and God turns to you
Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. Zachariah 1:3 KJV

If you want nothing to do with God, then God will have nothing to do with you (hence, God giving people over to a reprobate mind).
You want to know God, then you turn to Him! According to this passage, He is faithful to turn to you.

How do you turn to God?
The only way to the Father is through the Son.
You cannot have the Father unless you have the Son.

Turning to God means to have faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
Denying Jesus means God will NOT turn to you.

If you profess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
RE: turn to God and God turns to you
BULLSHIT.

There is no god.  Your wholly babble is moronic and offensive, and your gawd is a vicious monster.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 30, 2015 at 4:45 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: BULLSHIT.

There is no god.  Your wholly babble is moronic and offensive, and your gawd is a vicious monster.

its bad logic to say God doesn't exist because He's not what I think He should be.
I say god doesn't exist because I see no conclusive evidence for his existence.

I was raised KJV xtian.  I have most of the KJV memorized.  I have rejected it completely.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Why is it that, as much as Yahweh wants a relationship with us, and as much as he values the idea that we need to do what he wants, it's US that has to seek him before he actually commits to us?

It's not that I want nothing to do with him. It's that I don't know conclusively that he exists, and the way he's portrayed in his holy book is not endearing. Gods having children is not a new thing there are many stories about people of divine birth, especially if you learn about Zeus. So someone being the son of a god isn't very impressive. Much less the idea that brutally murdering an innocent person somehow absolves a bad person of their sin. We have progressed enough as a culture that we don't believe blood has magical qualities, and that it's considered a breach of justice for a guilty person to scapegoat an innocent person.

It's not a simple thing. apparently the only way we can work this out conclusiely is if we die, or Jesus comes back in the second coming. In which case it's apparntly too late for some reason. which smells of a scam.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Meh.

I'm sorry, come again Dan?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 30, 2015 at 4:52 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Why is it that, as much as Yahweh wants a relationship with us, and as much as he values the idea that we need to do what he wants, it's US that has to seek him before he actually commits to us?

It's not that I want nothing to do with him. It's that I don't know conclusively that he exists, and the way he's portrayed in his holy book is not endearing. Gods having children is not a new thing there are many stories about people of divine birth, especially if you learn about Zeus. So someone being the son of a god isn't very impressive. Much less the idea that brutally murdering an innocent person somehow absolves a bad person of their sin. We have progressed enough as a culture that we don't believe blood has magical qualities, and that it's considered a breach of justice for a guilty person to scapegoat an innocent person.

It's not a simple thing. apparently the only way we can work this out conclusiely is if we die, or Jesus comes back in the second coming. In which case it's apparntly too late for some reason. which smells of a scam.
Listen, the way is simple and narrow and easy. God made access to Him as easy as drinking water. Your faith is accounted for righteousness and not your life long obedience. God made the terms and it's simple. His mercy is rich but there is a ceiling and after the second coming, it's too late; just like when the doors of the ark were closed before the flood.
Jesus is the only way to God.
-and if a person isn't interested in your god?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 30, 2015 at 4:52 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Why is it that, as much as Yahweh wants a relationship with us, and as much as he values the idea that we need to do what he wants, it's US that has to seek him before he actually commits to us?

Listen, the way is simple and narrow and easy. God made access to Him as easy as drinking water. Your faith is accounted for righteousness and not your life long obedience. God made the terms and it's simple. His mercy is rich but there is a ceiling and after the second coming, it's too late; just like when the doors of the ark were closed before the flood.
Jesus is the only way to God.

What a load of crap.
(October 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Jesus is the only way to God.

Then Jesus is a road to nowhere.

Mindlessly regurgitating biblical claims is preaching. We've heard it countless times and to date there is absolutely no evidence for the claims or compelling reasons to accept them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chaplain turns Agnostic bladevalant546 0 1152 October 7, 2014 at 8:54 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  If you had a button that would turn all theists into atheists and agnostic? KillYourself 35 11913 November 17, 2011 at 10:27 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko