Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear your effin' seat belt !!
Wear your effin' seat belt !!
Apparently this is real.  I realize someone died, but JFC, it sure is funny.

[Image: 1059287_630x354.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Wear your effin' seat belt !!
My mother is against wearing seatbelts because she was in a crash once where if she hadn't been thrown into the back seat, her legs would have been crushed.

I was in a crash once where if I hadn't worn my seatbelt, I would have gone through the windshield. Though part of the reason I wear mine is that I drove rather rough when I was learning to drive.

There are still people alive who remember when cars didn't have belts., and these people don't care as much about that particular safety feature. I think this is part of the reason why we see people driving without their belts, though another part of it is if you try to hammer something in a kid's head, the kid will rebel against it just because. Nobody in their twenties and thirties has ever seen an ad that encourages you to smoke, unless you went and looked for one, yet you still see young people smoking.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I missed the funny part...
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 31, 2015 at 12:05 pm)Chad32 Wrote: My mother is against wearing seatbelts because she was in a crash once where if she hadn't been thrown into the back seat, her legs would have been crushed.

I was in a crash once where if I hadn't worn my seatbelt, I would have gone through the windshield. Though part of the reason I wear mine is that I drove rather rough when I was learning to drive.

There are still people alive who remember when cars didn't have belts., and these people don't care as much about that particular safety feature. I think this is part of the reason why we see people driving without their belts, though another part of it is if you try to hammer something in a kid's head, the kid will rebel against it just because. Nobody in their twenties and thirties has ever seen an ad that encourages you to smoke, unless you went and looked for one, yet you still see young people smoking.

I got the same story from my parents about seat belts. When I got my first car I got into the habit and I am glad I did. 5 years ago I was in a rollover accident that I walked away from. I almost certainly would have been killed if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt. I broke the driver's side window with my head and would have been thrown out and crushed if I hadn't been strapped in.

I can't say I'd have ended up 40 feet above the road on a freeway sign though. I have to wonder how the physics of that worked.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(October 31, 2015 at 12:05 pm)Chad32 Wrote: My mother is against wearing seatbelts because she was in a crash once where if she hadn't been thrown into the back seat, her legs would have been crushed.

When I was a kid, our car was hit by a semi truck while we were stopped at a red light. My older sister had just asked my mom if she could take her seatbelt off but she obviously said no. My sister secretly took off her seatbelt anyways. When the truck hit her side she was thrown to the floor and her seat was completely crushed. It's one of the few things I agree with my mother on. She told my sister that she was really lucky and if she ever took her seatbelt off when the car was running again she probably wouldn't be so lucky. I never understand people who think that surviving an accident because you didn't have your seatbelt on means you shouldn't wear a seatbelt.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
In most cases it's better to wear one, but nothing is foolproof.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Didn't really spot what to look at and what's supposed to be funny about this picture, but ever since 1983 I wear my seatbelt every time. Would have gone through the windshield, if for some reason I hadn't donned it that time. Which absolutely wasn't my habit, since my car, being an early 70ies model, wasn't equipped with flexibel belts.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Well, there's no chance I won't put mine on.

My Subaru literally beeps at me nonstop if I go more than 10 mph without the seatbelt on.

Also, if Tanner is in the front seat, it will beep at me if the seatbelt isn't connected.

And it is not a nice beep.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I buckle up every time.

The first fatality accident I worked as an Air Force firefighter, the driver wasn't buckled in, and hit a concrete divider at 50 or 60 mph.

That decided me. I buckle up every time.

I rarely wear them.  I was hit 40 years ago by a car going through a red light.  He clipped the front of my car and bent the frame at a 30 degree angle.  My head hit the side panel and I was stunned.  I had a sensation of the car spinning in slow motion but witnesses said it took five minutes for the cops to arrive and get me out of the car.  Had there been a fire I would have been toast.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3085 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt? Gimple 54 6068 April 12, 2017 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  USA Bible Belt mcolafson 14 1779 November 17, 2016 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What to wear in Australia KUSA 151 12268 May 29, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What do you wear around the house? brewer 36 4104 August 18, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Kingpin
  Sexism because Adam Sandler didn't wear a dress Napoléon 17 2787 June 18, 2015 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Exian
  Things I wish I could wear BrokenQuill92 38 6900 January 19, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  The Toilet Seat Dilemma Owlix 113 18961 November 6, 2013 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Woman who drove on sidewalk must wear 'idiot' sign Tino 10 4074 November 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Tino
  Better wear a helmet tonight. leo-rcc 6 1387 September 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist