Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELPPPPP Blue screen error just now!!!
HELPPPPP Blue screen error just now!!!
My computer just went to a blue screen with a bunch of text all over it but I only had chance to read the part at the top that said "A problem with your computer has been detected" and then it restarted Sad

What the hell am I supposed to think, how can I fix this and stop this happening? I've only had this laptop a few months... I'm on windows 7. 

Is it a virus, should I do a full scan?

EDIT: Computer has come up with this message after it forced a restart:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
 BCCode: d1
 BCP1: 00000064
 BCP2: 00000002
 BCP3: 00000000
 BCP4: 8FE76D54
 OS Version: 6_1_7601
 Service Pack: 1_0
 Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
 C:\Windows\Minidump\103115-55910-01.dmp
 C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-129012-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
 C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
RE: HELPPPPP Blue screen error just now!!!
Blue screens can happen for many reasons. Do a full scan and open task manager to see if you see any programmes running you don't recognise. If it happens again try restoring to an older point or in extremis a fresh install of windows.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Sad I have no way to do backups Sad

If I do a system restore do I lose everything from my computer since that date?
Are blue screens always always serious or can they be a minor crash that doesn't necessarily get worse?
BSOD can be for many reasons, but it is indeed something which can be troubling. First move all your important data to a different partition than your OS primary partition. Run a full virus/malware scan. Then schedule a disk check on next boot.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Breathe.  Follow downbeat's advice, do a scan. Find a way to do a backup if you can.  (If you can't, buying an external drive would be a good idea.  They aren't expensive.)

Blue screens are frightening, but they are often pretty easily resolved.  If you get another one, though, I would take it in to your favorite computer tech person for examination.

As I understand it, the restore function only restores the system - - what you have installed.  It leaves your documents untouched.

Relax.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
How do I execute a disk check from boot in windows 7?
(October 31, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Evie Wrote: How do I execute a disk check from boot in windows 7?

Darn it, I'm running Win 10.  Forgot.  Magi?  downbeat?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Relaxing is really going to be the hardest part Sad I can't afford to get my computer fixed, to get a new one or to even get a backup external harddrive. I have no monies at all it all goes on food and bills.

If my computer dies I'm pretty much fucked internet wise... My phone is super super slow and the battery dies so quickly... and it takes forever to type anything in the keypad for me. Without this laptop I'm screwed Sad
Could be a virus.... started lagging on a particular website first

But I thought they were pretty clean as websites of that type go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most absurd error message a program you have made was outputting? FlatAssembler 38 3825 June 14, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Error 502 bad gateway for Rational Responders Brian37 13 1272 April 23, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Custom error message for stack overflow in C++ FlatAssembler 60 7102 November 21, 2021 at 6:17 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Blue Screen of Death zebo-the-fat 0 353 March 9, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Iphone screen recorder Sludgeman101 0 710 July 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Sludgeman101
  Disk read error. Creed of Heresy 12 4038 July 27, 2012 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Video Error: Grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside. Reforged 5 3740 July 5, 2012 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Reforged