Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pros and cons of Colonialism?
Pros and cons of Colonialism?
I know in History classes around this great nation of ours, it is standard procedure to teach that European Colonialism of Africa was "bad."

But was it really all bad?

Yes there was some bad things, but why is it that the benefits of European colonialism are never discussed?

There were benefits, it just is un-pc to point them out.

1. Technology:There was much technological advancement. Things like medicine, machinery, and books  were brought to Africa. Before Europeans came those Africans were pretty much like the ewoks from star wars in terms of technology.

2.Education: The Europeans through their many churches and charitable organizations tought the Africans to read and write. They opened their minds to such possibilities!

3. Government: This one only really applies to the True Christian British (as opposed to the pagan Portuguese and French) but those dark dark children of Africa were introduced democracy!

4. Language: Have you ever listened to the "language" they speak in Africa? It is so frightening! It is a bunch of nonsensical, babbling gibberish! I sometimes can't tell if it is people speaking or just a bunch of grunting and babbling baboons! After thousands of years speaking their "languages" they got the opprotunity to speak good, normal languages. English, the language of our founding fathers and the King James Bible espeically!
RE: Pros and cons of Colonialism?
Idiot and troll. I don't even read that novel outburst of mental diarrhea.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: tcaYxrl.gif]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Quote: It is a bunch of nonsensical, babbling gibberish!

They do not sound like you.  Asswipe.
Who tought you to read and write?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 1, 2015 at 10:31 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I know in History classes around this great nation of ours, it is standard procedure to teach that European Colonialism of Africa was "bad."

But was it really all bad?

Yes there was some bad things, but why is it that the benefits of European colonialism are never discussed?

There were benefits, it just is un-pc to point them out.

1. Technology:There was much technological advancement. Things like medicine, machinery, and books  were brought to Africa. Before Europeans came those Africans were pretty much like the ewoks from star wars in terms of technology.

2.Education: The Europeans through their many churches and charitable organizations tought the Africans to read and write. They opened their minds to such possibilities!

3. Government: This one only really applies to the True Christian British (as opposed to the pagan Portuguese and French) but those dark dark children of Africa were introduced democracy!

4. Language: Have you ever listened to the "language" they speak in Africa? It is so frightening! It is a bunch of nonsensical, babbling gibberish! I sometimes can't tell if it is people speaking or just a bunch of grunting and babbling baboons! After thousands of years speaking their "languages" they got the opprotunity to speak good, normal languages. English, the language of our founding fathers and the King James Bible espeically!

There were also significant technological advances made in Russia during the time of the Soviet Union, particularly the building of railroads and the installation of electric power, including to rural areas.  However, these advances came at a high cost.  Millions of Russians were worked to death in forced forestry labor, for example.
"You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic."  --Winston Churchill
Okay, who left the baboon cage open?

Hehehe

[Image: thq8p.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
http://youtu.be/PxsM8l7S6yU
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Um what?