Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:47 pm

Poll: Would you use a binder or a notebook?
This poll is closed.
Binder
33.33%
3 33.33%
Notebook
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notebook vs. Binder
Notebook vs. Binder
I'm debating over whether binders are better than notebooks or vice versa.

Pro Binders:
  • you can organize papers of different subjects in your binder at any time
  • you can remove paper easily
  • bulk paper is less expensive
  • easy to incorporate 'used paper' or unwanted blank sides of someone's half used paper
  • you always have a hard surface to write on (depends on the binder)

Pro Notebooks
  • paper doesn't accidently tear out as easily
  • notebooks are usually smaller than binders (variable)

what do you prefer: a binder or a notebook? can you come up with more reasons to use a notebook or to use a binder? is there just some information that is better placed in a notebook rather than in a binder?
RE: Notebook vs. Binder
I don't like writing in binders.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Fuck binders, man.

I don't need big ass metal coils getting all up in my face while I'm trying to write shit down. Binders aren't even a logical shape. How the hell am I supposed to stack all these variously sized wedges.

FUCK binders.
- Meatball
I'm with Meatball. The wedge shape is a pain in the ass. And, as a left-handed person, writing in a binder is an even bigger pain in the ass. And if you're not left-handed... you should be.
Doesn't left-handedness mean you are evil or something? You know, like Gingers have no souls and freckled people stood too close to cows when they were young? Smile
(June 9, 2010 at 5:56 pm)Meatball Wrote: Fuck binders, man.

I don't need big ass metal coils getting all up in my face while I'm trying to write shit down. Binders aren't even a logical shape. How the hell am I supposed to stack all these variously sized wedges.

FUCK binders.

nice one dude. i didn't think of that: it's easier to stack notebooks. but if you only have one binder, you can stack your different subjects in folders later if you want.
I like binders.

TFS didn't mention three cardinal virtues of binders:

You can change the order of things in a binder.

If you have a newer/ improved version of something, you can replace the older/ out-of-date version with the newer one.

You can put all sorts of stuff in your binder- articles that you've printed out, diagrams, whatever. The content of notebooks is much more limited.

Lets stand up for binders!!!
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
(June 9, 2010 at 7:42 pm)Caecilian Wrote: I like binders.

TFS didn't mention three cardinal virtues of binders:

You can change the order of things in a binder.

If you have a newer/ improved version of something, you can replace the older/ out-of-date version with the newer one.

You can put all sorts of stuff in your binder- articles that you've printed out, diagrams, whatever. The content of notebooks is much more limited.

Lets stand up for binders!!!

come on, i said the first one.
(June 9, 2010 at 7:47 pm)The_Flying_Skeptic Wrote: come on, i said the first one.

Yeah, okay. But only implicitly.

I am beginning to suspect you of being biased against binders.

Since binders are sacred, you and the other anti-binder miscreants will surely burn in hellfire for this. Devil
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Use a punched A4 notebook and pull out the sheets and bind them when done. Bound notebooks are for chronologically recordings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computers: Notebook Or Desktop? Kyuuketsuki 3 2033 June 16, 2009 at 7:52 am
Last Post: fr0d0