Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:56 pm

Poll: Better guardian would be..
This poll is closed.
Dad
0%
0 0%
Mom
37.50%
3 37.50%
Both
25.00%
2 25.00%
Neither
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Women in average better Guardians than men?
Are Women in average better Guardians than men?
Because court systems always favor women in matters including children. Why is this? Is it because they are better guardians than men? If so, what makes their approach on parenting so damn special anyway?
RE: Are Women in average better Guardians than men?
I's just another weird bias humans have. Women are only good for raising kids and maybe teaching them. Med have better things to do with their time than be burdened down with filthy little brats. Pfft.

I think this trend is starting to reverse though. More men are getting custody now than in the past. One of the only friends I have who got divorced, it is the father who has custody (while the mom doesn't even seem to care to visit them....it's baffling to me).

Honestly though, it would be better for kids if their parents could work things out so that both parents are involved though. One parent families, mom or dad, are hard on everyone.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I'm one of those rare specimens right now. I think I'm doing allright Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

What makes legal courts the best judges of parental skills?

(November 7, 2015 at 3:22 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: What makes legal courts the best judges of parental skills?

Are you telling me legal courts favor women because they have the shittiest parenting skills eva?

@Alex, You rock.
Incest.  Pedophilia.    

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arch...em/272459/

"One in three-to-four girls, and one in five-to-seven boys are sexually abused before they turn 18, an overwhelming incidence of which happens within the family. These statistics are well known among industry professionals, who are often quick to add, "and this is a notoriously underreported crime."

The perpetrator is almost always a heterosexual male family member.  Female abusers are extremely rare.   A step-father is twice the risk, because these are not his biological children.  Some of the problem stems from old religious and patriarchal mindsets: the male is the head of the house, and owns everyone and everything in the house.  He can do with them whatever he wants.

Now, I know a dozen guys who are single male parents, and they are wonderful.  So I'm not saying that men are automatically rapist.  I'm just saying that the courts know the women probably aren't.   The women can be abusive or neglectful, but usually do not sexually assault their children.  And 25-33% of the population is a very significant number.

"Ninety-five percent of teen prostitutes and at least one-third of female prisoners were abused as kids.  Incest is the single biggest commonality between drug and alcohol addiction, mental illness, teenage and adult prostitution, criminal activity, and eating disorders."

So yeah, there might be a reason why women usually get custody.  What kind of tests can they give to a male parent to prove that he will not abuse?  What kind of educational and societal change is needed to remove this horrible, pervasive crime from our world?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Lol, wut?
If by better guardians you are getting at being sexier then yes, dammit, they own that.
(November 7, 2015 at 7:11 am)pool Wrote:
(November 7, 2015 at 3:22 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: What makes legal courts the best judges of parental skills?

Are you telling me legal courts favor women because they have the shittiest parenting skills eva?

No.

(November 7, 2015 at 12:11 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: So yeah, there might be a reason why women usually get custody.  What kind of tests can they give to a male parent to prove that he will not abuse?  What kind of educational and societal change is needed to remove this horrible, pervasive crime from our world?

That's right, because women don't abuse children. Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1880 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12674 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Smart women Ahriman 41 3822 December 18, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Thumbs Up Is bigger really better? onlinebiker 7 404 February 27, 2022 at 8:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Fist bumping isn't better for germaphobes Foxaèr 17 2652 September 12, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7096 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5292 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 711 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 182 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5412 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack