Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaping
Vaping
I'm a smoker of tobacco. I'm thinking of switching to e-cigs. Is it worth it, is it "healthier" and what do you recommend I do when looking for one suitable for my personal needs?

Thanks.
RE: Vaping
I tried it. It is healthier for you and those around you and it is more cost effective, at least where I live.

However, even at the highest nicotine level I could purchase and highest power setting I could tolerate, the effect was not the same. I went back to smoking. I will say that it was the longest time I went without smoking, 4 months.

Gonna go burn one.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Good to know it works to some extent, though. I'll try it nevertheless.

Did you look for one that you'd like for long enough, though? From what I gather from the internet, it's easy to think they're not as effective if you've simply got the wrong model or whatever.
It is definitely healthier. As a 26 year old non smoker recently diagnosed with copd, I say do whatever it takes to quit smoking, not just for yourself but for everyone around you too.

I went to a store here with my sister and they were able to match the exact nicotine amount that her cigarettes have. They also have tobacco flavors along with like a million flavors that actually taste/smell good and you can mix to make your own flavors. It's almost tempting to take up vaping at zero nicotine just because that stuff smells so delicious.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'm very sad to hear that. That sounds like a very serious illness. I appreciate the advice and hope you'll be ok.
I smoked for many years and quit with Chantix.  Then after about a year started vaping.  I stuck with vaping for about a year and quit that with chantix again and now I no longer use nicotine...

What I learned about vaping is:
1 It's more safe than smoking; but, not a healthy option.  There is still decreased lung function and the health risks associated with nicotine. 

2 you will smell much better when vaping! no more stink! and you can be stealthy.

3 vaping is harder.  you can't just whip out a lighter and be set; you need coils, batteries, chargers, e-liquid... sometimes something breaks so a backup is a must.

4 get a battery with variable voltage (or 2... see #3)

5 its cheaper than smoking once you got everything

That's what I know.  Quitting nicotine completely is even better though.  Chantix worked very well to help me quit completely.  I tried many times without it and failed every time.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Yeah, I'll try vaping first for sure. I'm reluctant to indulge in any medication just yet.
So it it just the smell or do you even "taste" that flavor somehow, like with normal smoke from tobacco?
I've been vaping for a few years now.  Would smoke off an on for about the first year, and haven't had a cigarette for at least 2 years.  And I do not want to. 
I do stick to mostly tobacco flavors, and normally do not like the fruity/desert flavor stuff. 

Recommendations:
Don't buy the gas station stuff.  I buy my juice and atomizers online.
Visit an E-cig Forum https://www.e-cigarette-.com/
Also, I would stay away from the cigarette size kits.  The batteries and the customizers do not last long, and you will be constantly changing them out.  An EGO kit may be a good start.   You can start with cartomizers, but I also reccommned a tank.
(November 9, 2015 at 4:54 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: Good to know it works to some extent, though. I'll try it nevertheless.

Did you look for one that you'd like for long enough, though? From what I gather from the internet, it's easy to think they're not as effective if you've simply got the wrong model or whatever.

I went to a vap store. Tried several different models, flavors, fogs...... Settled on one model. Used it 2 weeks and then went and got a stronger model (more volts?). Worked for awhile and then, well, you know.

Might try it again at some point in the future. I understand you can buy all of the fixins to make your own juice. Talked to a couple of guys that said the strongest legal strength didn't cut it for them. They make their own at double the legal strength.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe Vaping isn't a great idea. onlinebiker 9 1131 September 1, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet