Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crocheting
Crocheting
Any of my fellow Forum members enjoy needle art?  I can only crochet, can't teach myself to knit for the life of me.  I am currently working on Christmas gifts. Anyone else? Got a favorite pattern or designer?
RE: Crocheting
I've been accused of being crotchedy.  Does that count?

Cranky
I knit, I don't crochet.

Here's a link to the site that basically taught me to knit:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/learn-to-knit

They have videos from "your" (the knitter's) perspective and shows you several methods of knitting, various cast-ons and bind-offs, increases, decreases, and advanced techniques.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
No crochet, sorry. I knit and do macramé (which isn't needle art, but still).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 10, 2015 at 6:01 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: I knit, I don't crochet.

Here's a link to the site that basically taught me to knit:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/learn-to-knit

They have videos from "your" (the knitter's) perspective and shows you several methods of knitting, various cast-ons and bind-offs, increases, decreases, and advanced techniques.

Thanks for the link!
I crochet but I'm not very good
I've made blankets, hats and scarves. A couple of pot holders. Nothing to get excited over.

The most interesting thing I made was this coral reef stuff, because with crochet you can make true hyperbolic shapes like you find in brain corals and such. So I made a few pieces, and then I thought...what use is decorative crocheted sea corals?? lol

I wish I could do sweaters or other more complex things, but Ijust don't have the patience to do it correctly for some reason. Sad
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Aroura Wrote:I've made blankets, hats and scarves. A couple of pot holders. Nothing to get excited over.

The most interesting thing I made was this coral reef stuff, because with crochet you can make true hyperbolic shapes like you find in brain corals and such.  So I made a few pieces, and then I thought...what use is decorative crocheted sea corals??  lol

I wish I could do sweaters or other more complex things, but Ijust don't have the patience to do it correctly for some reason. Sad
If you ever want help with something, let me know!