Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:02 am

Poll: Would you take the pill?
This poll is closed.
Never
15.79%
3 15.79%
Rarely
26.32%
5 26.32%
Often
5.26%
1 5.26%
Never Sleep Again!
52.63%
10 52.63%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could remove your need for sleep, would you?
If you could remove your need for sleep, would you?
Imagine that you could take a pill (cheap & safe) which would remove any need for you to sleep for a month. It would fulfill all the physical and mental functions that sleep performs; so it isn't keeping you conscious forcibly, just fulfilling the needs which sleep usually does.

Would you take the pill?
Why?
What effect do you think it would have on our society if such a pill was invented?

This is about what sleep means to us beyond it's biological purpose.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
RE: If you could remove your need for sleep, would you?
What are you nuts?

Sleeping is my favorite form of exercise.
Yeeeeeeessssss. I feel like my whole day is inconvenienced by that 8-9 hour chunk that I am forced to remove from it and make time for. Fuck sleep.
Nah, if it was for a day I'd take it depending on my mood, but I like me naptime :3
I hardly sleep anyways so if I could have that without the pesky exhaustion that'd be nice!
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 10, 2015 at 4:28 pm)Vic Wrote: Nah, if it was for a day I'd take it depending on my mood, but I like me naptime :3

Why must you be so dang adorable! D: Heart
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'd take it only on condition that my wife was unaware of the pill and continued to get her sleep, so I could have a little quiet time. Otherwise, what's the point? I'd just end up watching even more of those fucking reality shows she's so fond of.
Nope. In my dreams I still have romantic experiences. Why would I want to remove that?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 10, 2015 at 4:30 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I'd take it only on condition that my wife was unaware of the pill and continued to get her sleep, so I could have a little quiet time. Otherwise, what's the point? I'd just end up watching even more of those fucking reality shows she's so fond of.

If she watches American Dad, she might catch on.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
I put off sleeping for as long as possible at night! It's such a wasteful period of unconsciousness! 

I never remember my dreams, so there's no fun in it either!

I'll just never sleep again; sign me up. Coffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2054 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Sad Happy feetz can't sleep no one 2 293 May 20, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: no one
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1519 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If you could have a conversation with anyone.. Cod 42 4894 July 21, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 938 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1122 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you could Cod 20 2207 December 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 6015 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Describe your body type and the ideal body you would like. The Valkyrie 34 4442 May 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4805 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb