Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways in which I'm more powerful than God
Ways in which I'm more powerful than God
I've really done it now, huh.

This is a list of things I can do that God cannot. They are individually based on information different people have given me about God, or on my own observations. It's supposed to be the same being, right?

Feel free to add your own Big Grin

1) I can demonstrate that I exist.

2) I am easily recognised as being me.

3) Everyone sees me the same way.

4) I can reply to any question put to me, by different people, with the same answer.

5) I can stand in front of people.

6) I can be near people without them dying instantly.

7) I can have an immediate and unambiguous effect upon reality, on request.

8) I can lie.

9) I can do "evil".

10) I can forgive people without first killing another version of myself.

11) I can provide useful information to people that they didn't already know.

12) I have a physical form.

13) I can create things without getting angry and punishing them because I dislike the way I've made them.

14) I can die.

15) I can communicate with people directly and clearly.

16) I can instantly clear up any misunderstandings about my intentions or desires.

17) I can learn.

18) I can take responsibility for my actions.

19) I can have a meaningful relationship with an atheist.

20) I can clearly exist without causing people to lose their free will.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Ways in which I'm more powerful than God
1. And I choose to believe you don't exist. Hmph.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
I can accept an insult or disagreement without regarding it as blasphemy
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Not only that Rob, but more importantly, you also seem to have identical supernatural powers as any other God.
This is a big deal apparently for theists.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I've learned restraint. Granted there are occasions where Yahweh supposedly restrains himself, like waiting for people to become totally rotten on their own so he can feel better about himself when he has them wiped out. Still I'm proud to say I've never killed anyone, regardless of how justified it would have been.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 10, 2015 at 10:59 pm)robvalue Wrote: I've really done it now, huh.

This is a list of things I can do that God cannot. They are individually based on information different people have given me about God, or on my own observations. It's supposed to be the same being, right?

Feel free to add your own Big Grin

1) I can demonstrate that I exist.

Wow, a fail on the first point. You can claim that you can demonstrate that you exist. According to the Bible, God can prove that he exists too.

But you haven't demonstrated to me that you exist. All I have are words floating about the interwebs that could have been written by anyone. "Robvalue" could be an alter ego of "drich" for all I know.
I said I can demonstrate that I exist. Not that I have done so for every person in the world, or even on this forum. But there are certainly people I have demonstrated this to, some of which are on the forum.

If you're seriously going to challenge that, in an attempt at what is only a tu quoque fallacy at best, be my guest.

Even if I'm Drich, I exist. Unless you're saying whoever Drich is doesn't exist. Are you prepared to sound insane to complete this tu quoque? This is only a light hearted thread, maybe it's not worth it.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
You have the means and ability to defeat iron chariots.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Oh boy, good catch! How did I forget that? I can totally defeat iron chariots, given the right tools. I can also play it on the piano. Wait, that's Chariots of Fire.

PS: I'll go further, I can demonstrate I exist on demand. Not prove, demonstrate. I can provide new evidence. If someone is going to insist on absolute certainty just to complete a logical fallacy, that is like attacking a tomato with a nuclear bomb and still missing.

Index of my best videos
I'm not sure. If I saw someone riding an iron chariot, barrelling at me while firing arrows, I'd run away too. That would be intimidating.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 6 790 September 17, 2023 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How to select which supernatural to believe? Fake Messiah 208 13594 November 26, 2022 at 1:30 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2581 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1547 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The reason religion is so powerful Macoleco 344 21494 June 30, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2357 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did Sai Baba deserve Nobel more than Mother Teresa? Fake Messiah 1 365 February 26, 2020 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2531 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 2871 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9536 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger