Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freetards on the Lam - Theocratic Sovereignty Cult
Freetards on the Lam - Theocratic Sovereignty Cult
Has anyone ever heard of these guys? They are a cult whose beliefs are mix of bait and switch cult with attempts to seize land for their own breakaway countries where the freeman rules the gov't and only their god, whoever the fuck that is, can rule them.

Last summer, over at a cannabis forum I go to, they started recruiting with falsely saying that people who follow their methods can be immune to the drug laws. Three people fell for it and ended up in jail. All of them received the no true Scotsman argument from the other freetards.

You may have heard of these guys regarding how they are always claiming to not need driving licenses or insurance. They are also the ones who think that the gov't holds secret money based on one's birth certificate and that you can access it if you play the game correctly, the game that the gov't conspiracy tries to hide...

Here's my favourite Freetard thread, the one I started in order to mock and tear apart a sample claim letter that cultleader Robert Menard's sidekick, Fred, showed us.

Layman Looks at Lawbreak Letters (freemancult), (the layman being me).
http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums...ost1620990

The religious legal claims are mega wacky, maybe too much so for any serious discussion about them over here, but what the fuck, they are wackos with a religious bent, so if that amuses anyone, there it is. Amuses me, for sure. I get a lot of giggles from them. And I'm going to have a lot of fun with them at my other youtube channel in the future, at http://www.youtube.com/user/Robsmybitch
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...
RE: Freetards on the Lam - Theocratic Sovereignty Cult
I checked out their website. Full of very crazy bullshit. They're very keen to sell you stuff, so my guess is that its a scam aimed at the fundie-libertarian-fruitbat market. Possibly not though- they might actually believe in all of the conspiraloonery, which if anything would make them more dangerous.

Anyway, its good that you're keeping an eye on them. Someone needs to.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
(June 11, 2010 at 3:35 pm)Caecilian Wrote: I checked out their website. Full of very crazy bullshit. They're very keen to sell you stuff, so my guess is that its a scam aimed at the fundie-libertarian-fruitbat market. Possibly not though- they might actually believe in all of the conspiraloonery, which if anything would make them more dangerous.

Anyway, its good that you're keeping an eye on them. Someone needs to.
Usually I'm not interested in these types as most conspiracy nuts are just too insane to even slightly reason with, but these guys are entertaining to me for some reason. Maybe because I feel I have good info and facts to counter them with regarding the legal quackery and theocracy attempts.

I'm not sure half the time whether Menard believes the stuff he spouts. He is a good actor if not. I'm more convinced that his second in charge Fred the Plumber (I forget his other name on their own sites) actually believes it all. He's much more earnestly sad at the state of the world, and has more authentic feeling behind what he types. One of these days I'll get started on that youtube debate with them. Youtube is overrun by the freetards, with very few people countering them. They are suckering in too many people in my own backyard/country.
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...
Looks the same as tax protester shit that went around the US for a while.

Lots of those assholes are in jail now.

You can never lose money selling bullshit to idiots.
(June 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You can never lose money selling bullshit to idiots.

Thats about it. You'd have to be extremely stupid to fall for this one.

These guys are, at best, skirting the edge of legality. I'm sure that they could be charged with fraud (selling bogus documents that supposedly get you off paying taxes), plus incitement to commit various offences.

Jail sentences all round is the likeliest outcome.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/16451/ke...all-counts

Quote:Kent Hovind, ‘Dr. Dino,’ guilty on all counts

Quote:Kent Hovind, whose life’s mission is to debunk evolution, says he and his employees are workers of God and therefore exempt from paying taxes. He pays his employees in cash and does not withhold their taxes or pay his share as an employer.

Pious cocksucker.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overcoming shame of being duped by a cult Won2blv 11 1211 December 22, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "Cult-speak" lines Foxaèr 24 2690 September 15, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
Exclamation New religious cult in rise? UnLocal 32 6150 November 28, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: axiom of congruence
  Are You A Slave To Some Cult? sanebrain 147 11181 August 6, 2016 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult hogwash 23 6043 July 24, 2015 at 12:38 am
Last Post: hogwash
  Religion vs Cult - What are the differences? IanHulett 29 6236 February 5, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Whats the difference between a cult and a religion? Zidneya 74 21829 May 24, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Children 'sacrificed' to Mexico's cult of Saint Death Nine 1 1519 March 31, 2012 at 10:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  What distinguishes a cult from a religion? DeistPaladin 29 7898 June 28, 2011 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  another cult commits mass suicide downbeatplumb 14 4642 May 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin