Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational thought of the day
Inspirational thought of the day
As you trade places with space, you start to notice the world you've come to know has none of the attributes you imagined, what you see is a beautiful spinning planet,
Where people are not divided by barriers, 
where there is no such concept of love or hate,
where it doesn't matter what clothes you wear, what gender you are, or what sexuality you define yourself as,
Where you are unidentifiable by the attributes you assume others identify you as,
Where there is an everlasting peace. Not because you are happy, not because you are sad. 
Because as you sit there on your transdimentional cloud looking at the earth outside space and time,
You realize that not only you can't see the faults of one person, you can't see the faults of any person.
That's when you blink your eyes open and take notice of the world you are a part of, seeing it for the first time

and now sitting there, you understand,

we are all on the same planet, 
we are all one,
Earth.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Inspirational thought of the day
And then the sun explodes and everyone dies...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Y U B bastard 4?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 14, 2015 at 4:27 am)Quantum Wrote: And then the sun explodes and everyone dies...
Better to have lived and died than to not have lived at all.

So if it does, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and all the fundamental ingredients for life itself I took from the universe, will return to the universe, and then maybe, one day, on a planet in a far away galaxy those atoms that once ended life, can give birth to it.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
Beep boop beep beep
Can we have a poetry section, so people will stop posting poetry in the philosophy section? I don't want to comment on the poetry, but if it keeps showing up here, I'll have to say what I really think of it.
Quote:Can we have a poetry section, so people will stop posting poetry in the philosophy section?

Is there really a difference?
(November 15, 2015 at 8:16 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Can we have a poetry section, so people will stop posting poetry in the philosophy section?  I don't want to comment on the poetry, but if it keeps showing up here, I'll have to say what I really think of it.
I'm like the only person even posting this sort of stuff...
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

(November 15, 2015 at 8:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Can we have a poetry section, so people will stop posting poetry in the philosophy section?

Is there really a difference?

Yes.  Once is a collection of random ideas couched in condescending forms using a pompous tone. . . and the other is poetry. Tongue

Just kidding.  Of course there's a difference.  And even if the writer of a poem includes philosophical ideas, I think it would be better to make a plain-text thread to discuss the ideas, and to enter the poetry in another section, where its artistic merits can be discussed.
(November 15, 2015 at 8:44 pm)heatiosrs Wrote:
(November 15, 2015 at 8:16 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Can we have a poetry section, so people will stop posting poetry in the philosophy section?  I don't want to comment on the poetry, but if it keeps showing up here, I'll have to say what I really think of it.
I'm like the only person even posting this sort of stuff...

There is this one other guy... Tongue

http://youtu.be/tYkb-SVLdig
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  J.J. Thompson's Violinist Thought Experiment Concerning Abortion vulcanlogician 29 1591 January 3, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thought experiement# 117. The measure of man. ignoramus 12 987 January 31, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Is a higher level of thought possible? Macoleco 8 945 June 10, 2019 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Thought police? ignoramus 51 6503 April 6, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Shell B
  #1 Thought experiment - "The Trolley Problem" ErGingerbreadMandude 108 12005 May 20, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Athene
  Omniscience: A thought experiment noctalla 58 7744 April 26, 2015 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Critical thought is hard urlawyer 56 10986 April 19, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Does Deep Thought Lead to God? Here's a Shallow Answer Jenny A 31 5147 September 10, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  A thought experiment: The rainbow temple Escherscurtain 19 4292 August 8, 2014 at 9:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I thought I was doing myself a favour BlackMason 16 3565 August 7, 2014 at 2:10 am
Last Post: BlackMason