Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on migrant crisis and Islam.
Thoughts on migrant crisis and Islam.
I just thought I'd post this thread because there's a whole load of other separate threads which are basically in some way about this main topic and I wanted to know what everyone else's thoughts are about how this situation is going to turn out.

I think the facts that no one can dispute is that hundreds of thousands of refugees are flooding Europe. 

They have a low literacy rate relative to European standards and a high breeding rate relative to European standards.

The Muslim terrorists from these countries where the refugees are coming from are unlikely to ever stop killing large groups of people in organized terrorist attacks in Europe, this is a pretty well informed though prediction rather than a fact. And this is a prediction very specifically aimed at Muslims and not at any other religions from these countries.  I really wouldn't be worried about Christian terrorist attacks at this point.

The backlash from this last attack, from what I can gather is to send more planes to Syria to bomb terrorists.

I'm can't say I know what the best answer is to this situation.

But one thing that goes through my mind is what is the actual BEST outcome that COULD happen here that anyone is aiming for?

Is it that the planes missiles are so accurate they bomb all the bad guys to death, the bad guys have no family relatives to replace them and all the refugees say thank you for their stay in Europe and thank you for defeating evil and go back to their home land of peace and tranquillity?

Do you think this situation is going to effect you or is it effecting you?  Do you think it will effect anyone significantly if all refugees are allowed to enter anywhere they want within reason?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Thoughts on migrant crisis and Islam.
It won't affect my country that much, but Germany and France and Sweden will struggle.

You make a point about low literacy - It turns out the idea that most refugees were super qualified was a myth, as explained by many newspapers - Unless you think having a hairdresser dregree means very qualified. The high breeding is also an interesting part - Europe is more atheist, more secular, less religious, but we are importing people who are very religious by nature, I wonder how this will affect societies that have been growing more liberal, more scientifically literate and less intolerant. There's many correlations between lack of religiosity and positive elements for Humans, regardless of whether it is Islam or Christianity.

One thing I find weird is this - Why are the refugees fleeing instead of fighting for their country? I mean, if France or Germany were invaded, I'm sure most Germans, at least men, would be called to arms and would have to fight - Why aren't Syrians fighting for Syria and instead running away? Specially if moderates are a majority, wouldn't they easily overwhelm bad guys?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I don't think I have anything to worry about. The Japanese are probably the only people that are more xenophobic than the Swiss. Tongue
(November 16, 2015 at 1:40 pm)Ludwig Wrote: I don't think I have anything to worry about. The Japanese are probably the only people that are more xenophobic than the Swiss. Tongue

Swiss are xenophobic? Didn't know
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(November 16, 2015 at 1:43 pm)Dystopia Wrote:
(November 16, 2015 at 1:40 pm)Ludwig Wrote: I don't think I have anything to worry about. The Japanese are probably the only people that are more xenophobic than the Swiss. Tongue

Swiss are xenophobic? Didn't know

Oh yeah. It's not something to be proud of but it is what it is.

Here's an interesting article about it: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/racism_one-i...s/41271694
(November 16, 2015 at 1:09 pm)Dystopia Wrote: It won't affect my country that much, but Germany and France and Sweden will struggle.

You make a point about low literacy - It turns out the idea that most refugees were super qualified was a myth, as explained by many newspapers - Unless you think having a hairdresser dregree means very qualified. The high breeding is also an interesting part - Europe is more atheist, more secular, less religious, but we are importing people who are very religious by nature, I wonder how this will affect societies that have been growing more liberal, more scientifically literate and less intolerant. There's many correlations between lack of religiosity and positive elements for Humans, regardless of whether it is Islam or Christianity.

One thing I find weird is this - Why are the refugees fleeing instead of fighting for their country? I mean, if France or Germany were invaded, I'm sure most Germans, at least men, would be called to arms and would have to fight - Why aren't Syrians fighting for Syria and instead running away? Specially if moderates are a majority, wouldn't they easily overwhelm bad guys?

They are fighting.  Consider this, the entire US Military is roughly 1.6 million people, there are 318 million americans.  Let's do napkin math and call it .5%  It's really not that remarkable to find that Syrian resistance is low, there are 22.5 million of them.  If they could field a force as large as the US Military, adjusted per capita, that would only be a little over 100k (assuming they all fought on the same side).  Continuing the comparison, only 20% of our forces are combat arms.  So, 20k armed Syrian resistence....assuming they could field a force commensurate to the US Military, again. Last estimates I saw (admittedly very dated) put their actual number at 100k (and nary a typist or dental assistant among them), 5 times the per capita combat arms deployed by our own forces.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:But one thing that goes through my mind is what is the actual BEST outcome that COULD happen here that anyone is aiming for?

The best outcome would be a negotiated settlement in Syria which will not include ISIS so they can continue to be bombed at will.  The second best outcome would be that we learn that we cannot take our "one-size-fits-all" mentality and apply it to democracy in a land which is manifestly not ready for it.
sort of an Islamic spin to Idiocracy ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 16, 2015 at 2:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:But one thing that goes through my mind is what is the actual BEST outcome that COULD happen here that anyone is aiming for?

The best outcome would be a negotiated settlement in Syria which will not include ISIS so they can continue to be bombed at will.  The second best outcome would be that we learn that we cannot take our "one-size-fits-all" mentality and apply it to democracy in a land which is manifestly not ready for it.

But this is another part of the frustration for me.  Military fighting against ISIS might be able to attack a few military points, but ISIS don't have a giant evil castle up on a hill which they dominate the innocent villagers from. From what I understand they blend in with innocent civilians.

The way I see it the military has two options about ways to fight and both are shit but both are probably happening right now.

2) The American classic method of bombing the fuck out of everything including a few weddings and camera men along the way.  This is like trying to use a hammer to solve an arithmetic puzzle, finding out it doesn't work, then using more hammers.

3) Using the CIA to fund and arm an opposition to ISIS, which will probably result in an even crazier bunch of bastards running around with American weapons and funds.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Well, the regular citizens rarely drive tech trucks with 40mm recoilless rifles mounted in the beds, but other than that, yeah, they blend in.   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about the immigration crisis? FlatAssembler 37 4173 February 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: highdimensionman
  [Serious] The Mental Health Crisis T.J. 14 1226 December 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims? WinterHold 17 1258 October 27, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1120 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  More fun thoughts onlinebiker 40 3672 August 7, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  IS There Anyone Who Thinks The WLB Has The Smarts To Deal With This Looming Crisis? Minimalist 2 435 December 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What are your thoughts on this story? NuclearEnergy 6 1497 June 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What's your thoughts on Trump? Zenith 239 28956 March 27, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism] Lebneni Murtad 14 3598 March 7, 2017 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Your thoughts on the protests Aroura 221 22779 November 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Drich