Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TruthisGod vs. LemonVariable72
TruthisGod vs. LemonVariable72
LemonVariable72 said he would be interested in having a debate with me. Can the moderators allow us to start a topic in the debate subforum? Tell me what I must do to have the debate and I will do it.
RE: TruthisGod vs. LemonVariable72
So which position are you going to argue?

Badumm chuck
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 16, 2015 at 3:17 pm)Quantum Wrote: So which position are you going to argue?

Badumm chuck

Once a smart ass, always a smart ass.
So I suppose that you must have missed the notes from three different admins in your other thread?

You must have, or you wouldn't be asking here, amirite?
Alright. So we have two consenting participants, myself and LemonVariable. As expressed in my opening topic, the topic of debate is "Does God Exist?", where I will be arguing for the affirmative, and LemonVariable will be arguing for the negative. So now, I guess we need a referee. Are the moderators ok with this? Can we make it happen?
Did we even get a definition on what the subject of the debate is? If so I must have missed it. What's a god?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Teehee
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 16, 2015 at 3:11 pm)TruthisGod Wrote: LemonVariable72 said he would be interested in having a debate with me. Can the moderators allow us to start a topic in the debate subforum? Tell me what I must do to have the debate and I will do it.
I am here and I am interested. First let's define a topic. I say let's keep it simple, and have a topic as follows : Does the god of the bible exist?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 17, 2015 at 10:21 pm)robvalue Wrote: Did we even get a definition on what the subject of the debate is? If so I must have missed it. What's a god?

God is Jesus, an itinerant Jewish Rabbi and carpenter who may not have existed at all and may be simply an amalgam of other people.

Didn't you get the memo?
Dying to live, living to die.
I decline to referee. I will not referee a debate with a new member who has not established himself, and for whom I have no post history to draw upon.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---