Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want an electric car...
I want an electric car...
[youtube]1Fmy4tWvr8c[/youtube]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: I want an electric car...
I can build you one.

Give me a budget, I will get you an electric car.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All electric car technology is ready to mass produce and has been for a long time now. The technology of 100% battery electric vehicles (no petrol needed) will reduce global warming, save you money and more. Multiple choice question for anyone for why car manufacturers don't make them.

1. The technology is not good or safe enough, battery technology is still lacking.
2. The oil companies use their power to make sure it doesn't happen, as well as other alternative fuels/ideas.
3. The car makers will lose future profits through the lack of a spare parts industry, because bev's (battery electric vehicle) don't need servicing or at least very little.
4. The supply and demand is not great enough, nobody would want them.
5. The supply and demand is not great enough, because people are not told enough about them.
6. Hydrogen fuel cell technology is a better idea.

Only 2 answers above are correct, which are they?

Also would you buy a BEV and why or why not?
and stay out of it BUZ
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
Nonsense, just because you don't have ant exhaust fumes doesn't make the car more environmentaly friendly. The fabrication of hydrogen fuel cells is very nasty. The best bang for buck in batterypower is LiFePo4, again not exactly zero emission fabrication to use an euphemism. And the production and containment of hydrogen is still done best by chemical reaction, not by electrolysis splitting. You need 2.2Kw of energy to convert 1kw worth of hydrogen by using electrolysis splitters which in no way shape or form is efficient.

Electric cars are promising, but we need to increase efficiency first and lower the manufacturing footprint first before it is a viable alternative. Right now we have steam engines more efficient.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
leo-rcc you're not reading my post carefully enough. I've bold text the 2 correct answers IMO. I'm all for BEV's and if you can solar power them up even better. I would seriously consider a conversion to Lithium Ion batteries carefully if viable.
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
(December 14, 2008 at 6:56 am)Bungy Wrote: leo-rcc you're not reading my post carefully enough. I've bold text the 2 correct answers IMO. I'm all for BEV's and if you can solar power them up even better. I would seriously consider a conversion to Lithium Ion batteries carefully if viable.
Times they are a changin'
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm going to the Mojave to steal a car! ignoramus 11 593 December 17, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I Want Your Cray Cray Foxaèr 8 1229 May 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3176 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Don't leave your child in the car to Cook. brewer 43 5597 August 2, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  The Republicunts Never Want To Negotiate.....Jon Stewart Shows What They Do Want. Minimalist 4 1092 April 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do you want to build a snowman? Foxaèr 9 1689 December 26, 2014 at 4:15 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Persecture: The movie enemies of religious freedom don't want you to see!!! catman 13 3531 March 23, 2014 at 11:15 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Rev. Rye doesn't want to blow you up. Rev. Rye 0 902 April 29, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Do you want to live forever? theVOID 10 3011 December 22, 2010 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Want Noms now! Eilonnwy 21 4011 July 6, 2010 at 4:07 am
Last Post: darkwolf176