Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fallacy ref! - funny and informative
fallacy ref! - funny and informative
Oh these memes are great! They show a referee, "calling" logic fallacies.  Great for studying debate and logic.  Check them out, team!
(Um, they're on Facebook.  I bet that we can find them elsewhere on line, for non-Facebook users.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...195&type=3
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: fallacy ref! - funny and informative
Haha yeah! That's awesome Smile

I feel like formal debates could sometimes do with one, like the judge intervenes in a court case when things are getting dumb or irrelevant.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 17, 2015 at 11:29 am)robvalue Wrote: Haha yeah! That's awesome Smile

I feel like formal debates could sometimes do with one, like the judge intervenes in a court case when things are getting dumb or irrelevant.

I saved them all to Pinterest, rob!  So, sometime in the near future, when we see a strawman, or ad hominem, or bandwagon argument, we can liven up our reply with an appropriate meme.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Cool Big Grin

We might crash their server replying to some of the stuff we get here though Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Fallacy List Foxaèr 12 3698 May 26, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  Deliberate use of fallacy bennyboy 40 6980 April 9, 2015 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  The Existential Fallacy Pizza 6 2287 March 20, 2015 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The naturalistic fallacy and masturbation Clueless Morgan 22 3661 October 31, 2014 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am coining a new fallacy - the Wiki fallacy Simon Moon 8 2550 August 10, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The hovind fallacy Lemonvariable72 18 4635 October 7, 2013 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Chronological Snobberry Fallacy Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 3676 August 11, 2013 at 10:32 am
Last Post: genkaus
  The Brain=Mind Fallacy Neo-Scholastic 281 111730 June 15, 2012 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Whateverist