Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media love to over sensationalize
Media love to over sensationalize
I know right wingers love to piant atheists as boogiemen. But when the HUFPO has a article title like that. Any insider to either Bill or Cobert know they like each other. Most atheists, including me love Cobert. Really HUFPO you should know better than that.

Uggggggg, No HUFPO, It was a skit, for a liberal institution, I'd expect you to know they are BOTH liberals. Most atheists LOVE Cobert, including me. There were NOT angry at each other. Cobert was setting him up so he could say something the public needed to consider. The writers of the book did not know what an atom was or what a bacteria was. Just like it would be stupid to think a couple of cans and a piece of string work, when we have cell phones.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/step...bf3df0aaf0
RE: Media love to over sensationalize
The author may not have been familiar with Colbert. I can see him coming to that conclusion if he's never watched The Colbert Report. It seems as if someone at Huffpost would've caught that, though. hehe Perhaps someone did, and wanted this guy to make an ass of himself.

It's surprising how so many people have a difficult time recognizing satire. I have personally come across a number of conservatives that frickin' love Colbert because he "gets it" and shares their worldview. 

Never could find the heart to break it to them.

EDIT: Of course, the article itself could be satire. Then I'd feel silly. Wink
RE: Media love to over sensationalize
I am disappointed with HUFPO. They are liberal. They should know that Cobert's old show was a character poking fun of right wing dogmatism. The interview was an act, a set up, because Bill has said those almost exact words before elsewhere. Steve was using the fake invite to church, to allow Bill to state the reality that the writers were scientifically ignorant. There was no real anger or tension at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some other people get vindicated after being smeared by media Fake Messiah 0 398 January 25, 2019 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Samuel Beckett & Social Media ManMachine 0 912 September 26, 2013 at 4:49 am
Last Post: ManMachine